Chapter 5

The days blended together, Kaeya would always go to Diluc right after work and Diluc finds himself actively waiting for this part of the day. When Kaeya is doing his knightly duties Diluc pays their family lawyer a visit, trying to settle everything. At first there was some sort of conflict as the transferring of shares requires the other party's signature however Diluc does not want Kaeya to know of this. So each day he tries to come up with a way to settle everything once and for all. Yet a feeling rises up within him of wanting to stall the process so he could spend more time with Kaeya despite knowing how selfish that is.

"It's been weeks since you've returned yet no one but me knows about it. Are you sure you don't want to visit the manor?" Kaeya asks, it was the same question he had asked whenever he remembered. Diluc was sitting on the couch while Kaeya cooked (Diluc hated how each night he cooked, each night Diluc would only vomit it out when Kaeya left). Diluc brought his knees to his chest while staring at how Kaeya moved through his kitchen as if he belonged there, in Diluc's house. He gave a loud sigh before burying his face to his knees.

"I'm busy, Kae." The nickname rolls off his tongue easily, he would've never thought he could call Kaeya that again or even go into a routine where Kaeya would cook for him after he found out how Diluc rarely eats unless cooks for him and actually watches him eat it (Kaeya had to learn this the hard way, and he can't imagine just how much he had suffered in the years he was alone.). Everything seemed so warm, the golden light that seeped through the window, how Kaeya hums a silly tune while cooking. For the first time in years, his house felt like home. He yawns as he feels himself closing his eyes despite his efforts to be awake. Sleep was after him after the many nights he chose not to.

"Luc, don't sleep yet. You still haven't eaten." Kaeya calls as he sees the figure on the couch barely respond to his earlier question. He only sighs and leaves him be as he won't be done cooking for about 20 minutes. He was experimenting with something that he had read in a book somewhere, and it brought a smile to his lips just how much familiar he and Diluc had become despite that it was only weeks after Diluc returned. It was like no time had passed between them as they had reverted to calling each other their own childhood nicknames. What he doesn't understand is that Diluc wraps himself from head to toe, even until now wearing that adorable sweater and pants despite the weather. He tries to ask Diluc about it but he barely responds with,

"I run colder than most people."

Kaeya decided not to question it anymore. He hums a tune that Klee had been singing while drawing with her crayons, the tune stuck in his mind. After he was finally done cooking and preparing their dinner he went over and called Diluc who furrows his eyebrows, heavily offended that someone had dared to wake him up. Kaeya only grins at his cute reaction, feeling slightly bad about waking him up when he clearly needed the sleep judging by the dark circles underneath his eyes.

"Come one, time to eat." He says as he pulls Diluc up, who only groans while making his way to the table with an indignant huff of annoyance.

"Don't be such a baby." Kaeya teases while putting the food on his plate and his eye doesn't miss how Diluc's nose scrunches before rolling his eyes at his words.

"I'm not."

"You are,"

"I said I'm not." Diluc was glaring at him, his food untouched. Kaeya took it as a sign to give up to finally get the red haired to eat. He barely ate unless he was fed, Kaeya wasn't gonna keep teasing if it meant he would actually eat. He was too thin, despite being older than Kaeya, the bluenette can easily tower over him. There was a moment where Diluc had almost tripped had it not been for Kaeya catching him by the waist and it was then, Kaeya was surprised how easily his arm wrapped around Diluc's. It was concerning how small Diluc felt when they had finally hugged for the first time, he had forgotten how happy he was that finally Diluc was back and instead it was replaced by worry because had Diluc been eating at all?