{panicking•käärijä#2}

"Jenny? Are you there?"

That was what she heard when she was sobbing uncontrollably on the floor of the toilet.

Jenny was a few days away from the ESC 2023 Grand Final and she couldn't be happier, not only because her boyfriend, Käärijä, was also participating but because she had made her way to the final.

But not everything could be perfect.

In the past few days, the amount of practicing she was having was insane. It drove her mentally and physically exhausted but only now doing it's actual damage.

Jenny had managed to still doing a great performance in the last days even though she was on the verge of passing out of exhaustion. Only for today to be the last straw.

She practiced the whole day, having little to no breaks to rest, so now she was seated on the floor of the toilet of the backstage, having a full-on panic attack with her boyfriend knocking on the door.

She was not able to answer him as she was trying to slowly catch her breath.

"Honey, can I come in?"

With all the strength in her body, Jenny managed to get up to open the door, letting Jere in.

"I'm here now, calm down" He says while soothing and leading her to the toilet to sit down at a height where her head was against his chest. At this point she knew he did that so she could follow his breathing, and so she did.

"Everything is okay now, I know how pressured you have been and how hard you've been working on everything. I know how you want this to go the perfect way and I love you for every effort you have been putting onto your performance but you have to take care of yourself. You need to rest, and so do I."

Jenny knew why she had fall in love with Jere.
He understood her. Appreciated her. Supported her. Loved her. And always made sure she knew how important she was.

Jere held her face so she was looking straight into his eyes.

"The most important part of your job is to always respect yourself and your own boundaries. That's something you haven't been doing. So how about we go to the hotel and rest?"

She nodded while he was wiping her tear stained cheeks with his thumb and gave her a kiss on the forehead.

Jere made sure she calmed down before taking her to their room and then helped her change clothes and changed his own clothes.

They layed inside the sheets and Jere led Jenny to put her head on his chest because he knew how much she loved to listen to his heartbeat.

She slowly drifted to sleep and after a few minutes so did Jere.