Chapter 12

Keaton and I skyped, and called each other practically everyday. We told each other everything, I'd tell him what was going on in school and just around Hunington Beach in general, and he'd tell me what the theme was last week, and what songs they were thinking about singing. But today was different, I never got one call from him, skype or phone, not even a text. What did I do? Did he meet another girl? Eventually, I just decided to call Wesley to see what was going on.

"Erm, Hello?"  Wes answered awkwardly.

"Hi, um, is Keaton around?" I asked.

"No, he's been out for a while, but, hey, I've been meaning to tell you something." He said.

"Okay, go." 

"Well, you know I love Keaton, I mean, he's my brother and my bandmate, I'm stuck with him, but, I really like you Julia, and there's no denying it at this point. You're beautiful, sweet, funny, and we've been friends for almost a year now, I can't just pretend that I don't like you anymore."

I sat in silence. I couldn't believe what I was hearing, my boyfriends brother liked me? What's even happening right now? 

"I, um, I have to go. Bye!"  I quickly said before hanging up. 

I took a deep breath. I don't even know what to do right now. It doesn't seem like Keaton is making any effort to try to stay in contact with me, so would I be better off with Wesley? But me and Keaton have been together for about three months now, he knew me better than anyone, and I wasn't ready to start all over with someone new.