"you should've, you look like shit." soul jokingly said as (y/n) gave him a straight face.

"geez, thanks for the boost of confidence!" she sarcastically said, "but, if i recall correctly, you called me pretty last night." she adds and smirks.

"we don't speak of that- and i NeVer sAid that!" soul defends as she laughs slightly hearing his voice crack.

rolling his eyes, they land on the hoodie she's wearing, his eyes widened a bit and then a teasing smile is placed on his face.

"nice hoodie." he points out, the girl looks at her hoodie realizing it was souls, she blushes a bit.

"oh, no wonder i look like shit! i'm wearing this." she jokes, as soul laughs and shakes his head.

soon black star joins their conversation after doing whatever it was that he was doing, none of them seemed to have notice the yellow colored eyes that were glaring at them like a hawk.

soon class ended, and lunch began. (y/n) walked out with the boys and then went separate ways since she needed to put some things in her locker, as soon as she was done putting things away, she closed a the locker door and noticed an angry riko.

"oh hey riko! how was class?" she asked smiling.

"seriously?" he asked in disbelief, "how was class?!" he repeated mockingly, "why'd you sit with them? and since when did you become so close with them?"

fuck, i forgot he was in that class..

"i mean I've also been close with maka and like a few weeks ago she started inviting me to hang-"

"that's not what i meant! i mean why are you talking to soul?!" he asked bitterly and (y/n) held the urge to roll her eyes knowing this would eventually happen.

"because he's my friend now?.." she said in a duh tone, "so what?" she adds.

"so what?" riko began, "(y/n) what the fuck?! you know he's an asshole and-" he was cut off by (y/n)

"he's not an asshole, he's a nice guy. i've been hanging out with him and he's is definitely not what you made him out to be." she explained furrowing her eyebrows.

"yea right! you're an idiot, he's probably just using you." he says huffing, "you shouldn't be friends with him." he finishes.

the last sentence is was (y/n)'s last straw. she dislikes when people try to control her.

"using me for what?! to get back at you?" she questioned in a harsher tone than before, "soul is not immature like you! you're still stuck in the past riko! get a grip on reality and snap out of it." she spat out in pure anger.

"the hell?! stop being such a bitch. (y/n) i'm only giving you advice before you get your heartbroken by an asshole like him!" riko matches her tone.

"stop being so fucking dramatic, riko! you're causing a scene." she replies as her eyes dart towards some students that were looking towards them.

"and advice? more like demanding! you've been telling not to befriend him or anyone YOU don't like ever since you and i met! literally just stop and get over it because not everything is about you!" she scoffs as she turned her back and walked away.

"you're such a fucking bitch." was the last thing she heard from riko.

as (y/n) walked around the school to cool her head off, she felt the guilt settle in

as (y/n) walked around the school to cool her head off, she felt the guilt settle in. had she done the right thing? snapping at him like that? she said a lot of mean things that she probably didn't mean to say.. or did she? she couldn't stop replying the argument over and over. desperately trying to analyze it to find out who was in the wrong.

was she being a bad friend? i mean she was practically hanging around with someone who her best friend hates.

she should go apologize to riko and forget about being friends with soul?

she couldn't just do that to soul right? dropping him because her best friend said they can't be friends?

everything is so confusing.

a sudden ping from her phone snapped her out of her thoughts.

she looked at the notifications from "best friend 😁😁💖💖🤍💓😝🙁" which was riko. (b4 y'all freak out on the emojis and name, they were meant to be "ironic" in a way..)

she read the messages and felt her anger bubble up again. maybe she did the right thing.

"don't come crawling back to me when you realize i was right."