Chapter 21

************

The great day had come. The wedding of Mithun Sharma -Sapna's eldest brother. Clad in a green silk half Saree with a brown blouse, Sapna wore a big smile on her face. She had to be happy after all Sumera Ben was going to come to her house forever.

In India the coming home of a daughter in law is treated as the coming home of the Indian goddess Laxmi. The goddess of wealth and prosperity.

The Sharma clan was once again welcomed with great love and honour.
The shehnai( Indian musical instrument) was heard and in the midst of it each one welcomed the other.

"Namaste...namaste.." As Sapna met the Jaiba family.

"Come here. Sweetheart." An old lady appearing to be Sumera's grandmother pulled her by the arm.

"I'm Sumera's daadi(grandmother)" she said and she pecked Sapna on her right cheek,her face brightened with excitement.
Sapna showed her palms.

"It's beautiful! The color of mehendi has come out quite dark on your hands!" Exclaimed the old lady. She was on wheelchair. "you know what that means? Your husband will love you more!" She smiled.

Sapna's eyes gleamed at the quick thought that ran across her mind it was about Rahul but within a fraction of a second her face shrunk at the thought of Rahul deceiving her!

"Sapna beti, please go upstairs and bring the bride down" spoke Indu, Sumera's mother. She was wearing a big gold necklace that was glittering.
As she walked up,there were many young girls going upstairs.
Once she reached she turned right and saw the same girls that went upstairs before her were clicking selfies with the bride they all look so beautiful!,she thought.
Ok. now time to go. When suddenly a hand grabbed her to a side, to a room next to it. The room was quite dark. Sapna's eyes darted trying to figure out the face of the man who pulled her and she couldn't as it was too dark to notice anything. He came closer to her, and Sapna tried her best to see who it was. she felt his breath on her nose.
"Who are you and what are you after?" As she winced in pain trying to get rid of his clutches.

"So you forgot me?"replied the strange voice which Sapna remembered and thought it to be familiar.
"Now let me remind yo-"he whispered in her ears and quickly locked his lips with Sapna's. She ran her fingers through his hair trying to get rid of him and was surprised to find spiky hair. Her heart throbbed and he kissed her harder in response. She pulled away gasping for breath and then he embraced her into a hug. She felt his breath tingling her hand when she placed her thumb on his lips.
She closed her eyes trying to feel him more. To feel the warmth he just gave her through the kiss. She heard Rahul snap his fingers.

As light fell on her eyelids she realised the room wasn't empty. She squirmed at the sight of soo many people looking at them. She darted her focus from one person to another. There were about twenty to thirty people sitting there and their faces wore shock and surprised look. Many nudging and speaking among themselves.

This is bad. Thought Sapna and Rahul giving a quick look at her and then looked at the rest of them who's eyes creased in amusement.
Sapna noticed the streamers and balloons and there stood a guy in the centre.

"Sapna don't worry they all know about you...and let's get started!" Said Karthik as he motioned the rest of them to sing along- "happy birthday to you...happy birthday to you dear Sapna !.." As all sang in a chorus while Sapna cut the cake.
Soon the wedding ceremony began. Mithun tied the nuptial knot with Sumera and they both were married with the Pandit citing mantras.
Sapna was dumbstruck when her mother Kalimati announced the engagement ceremony of Sapna's and Rahul.
Oh my god! I still have to clear differences and to question him about Christine and his relationship!shit! Thought Sapna and gulped.

They both exchanged rings infront of the same wedding guests who spread a smile on their faces. Heaven knew what next!....