Chapter 17

***********
I had suppressed my feelings for that whole day.
I couldn't sleep almost the whole night. My eyes wandered around the pages of the diary as I wondered how Rahul cheated me. How he had kissed me knowing my weakness. Knowing that I loved him. I secretly loved him. I don't know why he played this game with me. "Why?"I asked myself. "Why did he play with my feelings?"as I buried my face in the pillow trying to get rid of the thoughts that were troubling me. Tears streamed down from my eyes. Before I could realise- I had been crying for hours!

"Sapna!wake up!wake up dear!"Said Kalimati "Aren't you coming for the Pooja?"as she pushed the curtains to the side making the rays of the sun fall on my face.

"Umm..ma let me sleep for some more time" I said annoyed by the sunlight falling on me, my voice sounding feeble. Kalimati stopped halfway to the door and walked closer to me.

"You don't have fever" as she touched my forehead "and yet you sound so weak" said a confused Kalimati who sat on the bed beside me.

"Namaste ma.."as I slowly opened my eyes.

"Have you been crying?"said a surprised Kalimati after her focus shifted on my eyes which had swollen due to constant weeping.

"No ma..actually this...."I mumbled and then quickly added" tabu....she she..dint text me"I lied and then heaved a sigh of relief.

"Sapna there's something you don't know. There's something that I hid from you. Infact everyone hid from you while you were on your internship "said Kalimati as she looked away.

"What is it ma..?" I demanded.

"You're childhood friend,Tabu...is no more" Kalimati said loudly stressing on every word she spoke.