Chapter 20

*****P.o.V of Rahul****

I was feeling bad and maybe feeling more sick. Since Christine's birthday night out and me telling her about Sapna, things weren't going well. I waited for her after college in the college driveway almost everyday in my car to drive her back home but there was no sign of her. She stopped talking to me in class too. I wasn't too bold to approach her and to clear things up, but still on the other hand I wanted to be friends with her. To drive her back home, to see her twirl her blonde hair.
Now I realised I was missing her.

"Yes, sir! How may I help you?" A tall man at the counter asked me when I was lost in thoughts.

"Ummm...one cappuccino and...yeah that's all."I shrugged taking out my wallet and paying him for it. I went to a corner table and took a seat.

"Hey, you look sad. I've been noticing you for quite sometime. What's the matter son?" The tall figure asked me placing the cappuccino on my table.

I looked at him and replied, "I had a girl friend who is now not talking to me when I told her that I like a girl back in India" I sipped and then continued "she walked away." I narrowed my eyes on the table.

"Hmmm..sounds sad, but why don't you get to her house?"offered the tall man.

"I never did that but I've dropped her home for quite sometime." I stood up.

"I'm Michael John" he said.

"I'm Rahul Shah" I replied shaking hands with him.

"Nice meeting you son!" He said loudly behind me when I walked further and gave a quick glance at him.

I turned right walked for sometime until I reached my car, unlocked it and snugged myself inside.

That evening I headed to Christine's house. I had only seen it from outside and never seen how it looked from the inside.

"Ting-tong" I rung the doorbell.

The door opened and the blonde hair girl- Christine was standing infront of me, staring at me. Giving a look that surely hinted me a why are you here?

She turned, her back facing me. "hey, Christine. I-I'm I-I'm sorry." I stuttered. she quickly turned and gave a stare that rose goosebumps all over me! I gulped.

"Hmmm. It's alright. Come in." She said putting on a faint smile on her face.

"Thanks" I murmured.

I walked beside her and there was a man sitting on the sofa, his face hidden behind the newspaper he was reading.

"Would you like tea or coffee?" Christine asked as I say on the sofa facing the man and her eyes gleamed in astonishment maybe because she dint want to see me there at that time.

"Tea." I replied though I dint want to cause her any trouble but not asking for anything would also be rude, so I had to.

The man looked at me, folding the newspaper he held in his hands.

I was surprised. My eyes couldn't believe. It was the same tall figure I had met today in the afternoon. Even he wore a similar look. This time I noticed the freckles on his cheeks.

"Young man!"he exclaimed.

"Mr. Michael John!" I answered in response when Christine brought me tea wearing a surprised look on her face as the man who was talking to me appeared to be her dad!

"Christine. He's a nice guy." As Michael glanced at me.

"You both are classmates. I know everything." he added again and Christine gave an ugly look at me when she gave me tea.

"Ow..." I whimpered as I dropped the burning hot tea over my shirt.

"I'm sorry."She came forward bending and wiping my shirt with a napkin she held in her hands.

She stopped and then our eyes met as we locked our gazes on each other.
She wiped my lip with her thumb still staring at me. I could see true love in her graciously beautiful blue eyes. I dint stop to think and pulled her into a kiss. A passionate kiss.
She pulled away from me, her eyes widened in disbelief. She got up and walked away into the kitchen. While Michael observed everything. And everything.
"Uhhh.."i hesitated embarrassed cause the tall figure was looking at me.

"You like my daughter and I just saw that." He said.

"Yes, I do like her." I blurted out. Unaware of the girl who stole glances at me from the kitchen. Oh! Shit!