chapter 15- love mixed with the Isle

Start from the beginning

She reached forward, slowly taking the ring from Evie. Her eyes flickered down to Evie's neck to see if she still wore Brooke's necklace. Her heart felt lighter when she saw her girl wearing her necklace.

She placed the ring back on her finger before glancing at the note again before scrunching it up. "This is my fault." She whispered. "This is my fault." She wanted to scream she wanted to cry. She wanted to throw this desk across the room.

She was angry, so angry. This was her fault. She had snapped she had exploded, now she had pushed Mal away. The girl who she... she.. she loves.

The girls who made her heart beat the girl who gave her a purpose, above the crown.

"I-I blew it. She'd been under so much pressure lately, and instead of being understanding, I just went all Beast on her." Brooke slammed her hand down on the desk, Evie moved to place a hand on the girls back. She had her cry in her dorm room.

Brooke paused as a thought cane to her mind she stood up straight and looked at Evie, who tried to give her a reassuring smile. "I have to go there and apologize. I have to go there and and beg her to come back." Brooke would beg. She would get down on her hands and knees so Mal would come back to her and Evie.

"Brooke, no." Evie, shut down the idea. "You'd never find her." Evie hated the idea of Brooke going to the Isle. She feared the girl wouldn't come back in one peace.

Brooke paused from her, walking back and forth to look at Evie. "I'm sorry, I'm not taking into account your feelings, I'm sorry." Brooke whispered as she placed her face in Evie's neck.

The blue haired girl ran her fingers through Brooke's hair. "It's okay. You can feel shitty. I feel shitty. We must have been blind to not see it." Evie lifted Brooke's face from her neck and held it tightly in her hands. "But we do this together me, you and Mal. There's not two of us, there's three of us."

Evie leaned her head against Brooke's, and the younger girl kissed her head, wrapping her arms around her stomach.

They stayed still for a moment in each others embrace. The feeling that knowing that they were still with each other, wad better than nothing.

"I shall call the guards, tell them to prepare were we're going... " Brooke whispered but was cut off immediately when Evie stepped away.

Evie shook her head, stepping back. "You can't take guards. You need to know how the Isle and how it works and... you have to take me with you.

Brooke stared at the girls for a moment to see if she was serious, and Brooke saw the serious look on Evie's face. She shook her head. "Absolutely not."

Evie raised an eyebrow at the girl in front of her. "You need me to show you. No one knows the Isle like I do."

Brooke shrugged. "Then I'll take Carlos and Jay." Brooke nodded. "You are not coming, and that is final."

"Final?" Evie questioned. "Is that some sort of order from my queen?"

They stared at each other for a moment, the silence in the room enough to answer Evie's question. "An order from your Queen." Brooke said.

Evie laughed. It was full of humour as she thought Brooke was being ridiculous. "That's funny." Evie stopped laughing, stepping closer, pointing a finger at the girl. "I'm going weather you like it or not."

Brooke took a deep breath. "Evie... I'm begging you to stay here."

"Why?" Evie questioned. She wanted a reason why she shouldn't help her girlfriend search for their other girlfriend who had run away.