Auditions (Nicoles p.o.v)

Finally Tuesday afternoon rolled around and it was time for auditions. Walking down to the drama room again I heard someone yell out "Good luck Nicole!"
I turned around and saw Spencer walking backwards down the hall. I waved at him and he waved back then started talking to some of his friends.
Spencer Barton just wished me good luck.
-------------------------------------------
"Nicole." Mrs. Night called.
Whew. My turn.
I took a deep breath and followed her into the drama room for my audition.
"Hello Nicole." Mrs. News said as we entered the room.
Mrs. News is the choir teacher and Mrs. Night is the drama teacher. Mrs. Night went and sat down next to Mrs. News. She pulled out her notebook and a pen then clicked the record button on the video recorder.
"Nicole would you please say your name and the monologue and song that you will be performing." Mrs. News instructed.
I took another deep breath then talked.
"Hi, my name is Nicole, and today I will be reciting a monologue called End the Hurting."
With that I took a step back, slouched, and made it look like I was in pain.
"When you're hurting you look for weakness. You take that hurt and pass it on to me. You're hurting... so you hurt. You're damaged... so you damage. You feel pain so you cause pain... in me."
I took a step forward and could feel tears well up in my eyes.
"The light becomes brighter and the face transforms looking stronger and determined."
I stood taller showing that I was stronger.
"It has to stop. I will protect myself from the pain. I know the damage must be undone. I will end the hurting so I never hurt. And I must do it... for me."
A tear fell down my cheek as I finished. After a moments pause, I composed myself and went on to the next piece of my audition.
"The song that I will be singing is called Titanium by Madilyn Bailey."
The volunteer that they had playing the piano started to play the song and I started singing.
"You shot it loud. But I can't hear a word you say. I'm talkin loud, not sayin much. I'm criticized that all your bullets ricocheted. You shoot me down, but I get up.
I'm bullet proof nothin to lose, fire away fire away. Ricochet, take your aim, fire away fire away. Shoot me down, but I won't fall. I am Titanium. Shoot me down, but I won't fall, I am titanium."
With that I took a bow and finished.
"Amazing performance Nicole. We'll have results put up by the end of the week." Mrs. Night told me.
"Okay. Thank you." I walked out of the room without a second glance back.
-------------------------------------------
"Nic!" Maya came running at me as soon as I stepped foot in the house.
I knelt down and scooped her up as she ran into my arms. Holding her close to me I pretended to eat her and made fake munching sounds. Maya laughed and started pushing on me. I held her out in front of me.
"Hi Maya." I said smiling.
"Hi Nic." She said back.
I set her down on the ground and she ran off to who knows where. I walked into the living room and saw that Cookie Monster was vacuuming.
"Where's Ms. Caroline?" I tried to ask her.
"What!" She screamed over the vacuum.
"Where's Ms. Caroline!" I screamed back.
"WHAT!"
I walked over to where the vacuum was plugged in and yanked the cord out of the wall.
"WHERES MS. CAROLINE!" I screamed one last time even though the vacuum was off.
"Geez Nic. You didn't have to scream." Cookie rubbed at her ear like it hurt.
"Where is she Tess?"
"She went out. I think she said she was going to the beach."
"With who? I didn't think she had any friends." I said surprised.
"I don't know." Cookie shrugged. "Anyway, while you were gone the girls did their chores and are working on their homework right now. Lilly's in your room with Titan. She was crying a lot earlier." Cookie Monster went back to vacuuming and I ran upstairs to see Lilly.
I opened the door to my room and saw Titan lying down with Lilly on her chest. Titan saw me enter and handed me Lilly then walked out.
I held her in my arms and started rocking her.
"Hey Lilly Flower. You don't look too good. Are you sick?" I held my hand up to Lilly's forehead and felt it. It was really hot.
"Oh Flower. I'm afraid you have a fever." Lilly started crying again and I leaned her head on my shoulder.
"Sh sh sh. It's okay. Let's go get you some medicine."
Lilly and I made our way to the bathroom where I got some baby Tylenol. I put it in a plastic syringe and squirted it into Lilly's mouth. She started coughing so I started burping her until she stopped.
"There we go. All better."
I continued to hold Lilly until she went to sleep then set her down in her crib. Once Lilly was in her crib I started doing my homework and worrying about the auditions.