Zeus

I ordered a three double burgers, one with ketchup and onions and the other two plain, then went to sit down by a window. Through the window you could see the library and a field in front of it. During the summer there will usually be a kids festival or something going on, on the field. I was done with my burger when I saw Tom walk out of the library. I got up from my seat and left with the other two burgers and headed towards the park.
The park is probably one of my most favorite places besides the library. A part of the park actually overlooks the beach and sea and there was a pathway down to the beach. Making my way towards the pathway I checked my watch. 3:00. Good I would have about 2 hours to stay here and the I would have to head home.
Reaching my destination, I hopped off my bike and propped it against a tree, then I put my fingers in my mouth and gave an ear piercing whistle. Then out of no where I was tackled to the ground and sat on.
I relaxed and laid there on my stomach.
"Hello Zeus." I said.
The heavy weight was lifted off of me and I was able to sit up. There in front of me was my giant German Shepard Irish Wolfhound mix. He looked exactly like any purebred German Shepard would except for the fact that he is almost twice their size.
"Hey boy! How's it goin?" I said petting him. He loves the attention, especially after everything he's been through.
I found Zeus when I was 10. I would have to say he was about 8 weeks old when I found him. I had brought some of the girls to the park to play while Miss Caroline went out on a date. She hasn't had one since. Anyway, while the girls were playing on the monkey bars and swinging I heard a rustle in the bushes behind me. Putting my book down I went to investigate only to find a scared to death puppy that had been beaten senseless. Later that day when we were heading home I managed to sneak him inside and give him a bath along with some food. Then that Sunday I took him back to the park and we managed to find a cave in the side of a cliff near the beach and since then that has been where Zeus has lived for these past 2 years. Every Sunday I make sure to bring him enough food and water to last him the week, I also added a nice dog bed that I had saved up for to his cave.
Zeus and I played around for a little bit and then went down to the beach where we laid down in the sand and I read to him.
"In a hole in the ground there lived a Hobbit. Not a nasty, dirty, wet hole, filled with the ends of worms and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare, sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat: it was a Hobbit-hole, and that means comfort." I continued reading while Zeus rested his head on my lap. I finally finished with chapter one then realized it was time to go.
"Sorry bud. But I got to go." I said to Zeus as I walked away. But you see, Zeus always hates it when I have to go and will always make it harder on me. Because of his past he always thinks that I am going to leave him and never come back, but I would never do that. He stood there whimpering and giving me his big puppy eyes which always melts my heart.
I kneeled down and held his muzzle in my hands "Don't worry. I'll be back next week. I promise." And with that I kissed his head then headed back to Miss Caroline's Hell Hole for Girls.