Suprise (Nicole's p.o.v)

I sat at the counter working on missing homework when the doorbell rang. I had been home for two days now and almost every hour another neighbor would stop by to give me flowers or something. To be honest it was getting really annoying.
"Nicole! Could you get that!" Tom yelled from the bathroom.
Groaning, I set down my pencil and opened the door. Standing there was Scarlett.
"Scarlett!" I pulled her into a hug.
"Hahaha! Hey girly! How's it goin?"
I pulled away from her so she could come in. We went and sat down on the couch.
"What are you doing here?" I asked.
"Well, I figure with everything that's happened, you could use a girls day. So you and I are gonna go shopping, get some ice-cream, have our nails done, all sorts of fun stuff."
"Uh, let me go ask Tom." I got up and left.
I knocked on his door and a couple seconds later he opened it.
"Yes?"
I quickly covered my eyes, not needing to see what was in front of me.
"What's wrong Nicole?"
"Pants." Was all I managed to say.
Tom was standing there, butt naked, in nothing but a towel that was hanging way to low on his waist.
"You need pants." I said again. "I am not talking to you unless you have on pants."
I heard the door shut. Slowly uncovering my eyes, I walked back to the living room and sat down again.
"So what'd he say?" Scarlett asked.
"I didn't ask."
"Why not?" Scarlett sounded hurt almost.
I chuckled a little. "Because he was just in a towel."
Scarlett started laughing. I wondered what was so funny. Finally she managed to collect herself and talk.
"He still does that! Oh my god! Okay, so funny story. While filming the first Avengers we all stayed in the same hotel along with most of the crew. Since we were all in the same building we knew which rooms everyone was staying in and would sometimes just hangout in one. Anyway, Tom got in this really bad habit of opening the door in just a towel, even to strangers who had the wrong room. And one time, I remember, me and the rest of the Avengers plus Joss were headed up to get Tom when the most hilarious thing happened. We-"
Scarlett was cut short when Tom entered the room.
"Oh good, Scarlett's here. What were you two talking about?"
I smiled knowing that Scarlett would tell me later. "Nothing, I just asked her when they were going to start shooting Civil War. Chris still owes me those two days on set."
Tom bought it.
"Okay, we'll have fun and here's my card." Tom came and gave me a kiss on the forehead then handed me his credit card.
"Wait, why do I need this?"
"You are having a girl day, aren't you? Buy yourself something nice, go wild! But not too wild."
I stood there still confused. "Tom, I can't take this..."
I tried to hand him the card but he refused to take it.
"No. It's your day, go have some fun with Scarlett."
God. How am I ever going to repay him. At this point the score is like Tom: 50 Nicole: -7. What the hell!
Scarlett and I hopped in her car and headed towards the mall.
"So how's your baby girl?" I asked.
"Oh Rose, she's fantastic! She's just so cute. Like the other day I was in my bedroom packing and she was in her crib. She started crying, so I looked over and her leg was stuck in one of the bars. Of course though I was worried but at the same time it was just to hard to get mad at her cute little face."
We both laughed.
-------------------------------------------
"Come one out Nic! I want to see!"
I stood in the dressing room staring at myself in the mirror. Scarlett had forced me into trying on a dress she saw in a store window. It was a light teal blue color, with lighter lace at the top and bottom of the dress, and it had two straps. Even though I'm not really a dress girl, I have to say, it was pretty cute.
I walked out of the dressing room and stood in front of Scarlett.
"Oh my god... Nicole. You look beautiful!"
"Hahaha it's not like I'm trying on a wedding dress Scarlett."
"You are so getting that dress!"
"I can't. I've already bought enough clothes, plus I don't need another dress." I tried to explain.
Scarlett held up her hand for me to stop. "No. I am getting you that dress and you are wearing it home."
"But-" I started.
"I don't want to hear it."
"Fine... But I'm still wearing my cowboy boots."
Scarlett bought the dress for me and we headed home.
"So... What did you think of today?" Scarlett asked while we were in the car.
"I had lots of fun, thanks. I've never had a pedicure before so I was a little ticklish when they started massaging my feet, but I defiantly wouldn't be against going again."
We both laughed.
"Well I'm glad you had fun, because we have one more stop before I drop you off."
I wasn't going to argue with Scarlett about going to one more place, so I just sat still and stared out the window until we finally came to a stop.
I had been to busy daydreaming that when we stopped I hadn't even realized where we were.
"Scarlett? What are we doing here?" I asked, staring at the orphanage in front of me.
"I figured that you would want to see your sisters."
We got out of the car and walked up to the door. Since I no longer lived there anymore I knocked on the door. There was no answer, so I knocked again. Still no answer.
"They might be in the barn." I said.
We made our way around the house and walked towards the barn.
"So, how did Ms. Caroline even afford this place?" Scarlett asked while we were walking.
"She doesn't, it's all paid for by the government and social services. As long as we take care of it and don't get in trouble with the neighbors they continue to pay for it."
"But why a farm? Why not just a nice house?"
"The farm keeps us disciplined I guess. We either do our work or get moved to another orphanage. Although we all know that I've gotten in trouble so many times but I've never been moved. So most of the girls don't take it to seriously. That and also the reason that no other orphanage wants me."
We finally arrived at the barn and I pushed open the door.
"SURPRISE!!!"