Catalina's Pov

"I win!" I yelled.

"No! You cheated you can't go twice!"

"Yes I can, I pulled a go again card. Just accept that I won." He mumbled something that I couldn't hear. I stood up and headed to the door.

"Where are you off to?" Jameson asked standing.

I turned around. "I have to get to bed."

"You're already in pajamas"

"Very observant."

"Why don't you stay here."

"And sleep where?" I said crossing my arms.

Jameson gestured to his bed. "It is a king." 

I narrowed my eyes before smiling, "Fine but just because you're sad." I sat down on the bed.

"What made you think that?" Jameson said.

"I don't know, I could leave if you're not." I said standing up.

Jameson pulled me back down. "Too late."

Jameson's Pov

I woke up to someone knocking on my door. I got up and looked at Cal who rolled over. "What's making the banging noise?" She said obviously not having woke up all the way.

"The door." I said before opening it to see Xander. "What is it Xan?" I asked.

"Your presences is requested to finish the puzzle, Cat too." 

I crossed my arms. "I'm done with the puzzle." 

"You can be done after this." Xander said.

"I'm done, the old man just wanted to remind me of what happened to Emily."

"Or maybe there's more." I started to close the door but Xander caught it. "Also, when making your choice remember your phone is bugged. I know stuff." Xander said smiling.

I glared at him. "We'll be down soon."

"Nice doing business with you brother." 

I closed the door and turned to Cal. "We have a puzzle to finish it seems." 

Cal who was now sitting up looked at me puzzled. "I thought you were done with that."

"A classic Hawthorne threat seems to say otherwise." 

Cal nodded and smiled. "Give me 5 minutes to change." She then got up and opened a secret passage that connected our rooms. It wasn't used much since it was the same amount of distance, but it helped getting around.

Avery's Pov

Footsteps. The clattering above pushed me into taking a step back from him, and a few moments later, Xander and Nash climbed down into the room. I managed to look at them—not Grayson.

"Where's Jameson and Catalina?" I asked. 

Xander cleared his throat. "I can report that threats are in place." Nash snorted. "He'll be here, Cat is with Jameson." 

We waited—five minutes, then ten. "You might as well unlock yours," Xander told the others. "Your hands, if you please." Grayson went first, then Nash. After the touch pads scanned their hands, we heard the telltale sound of deadbolts being thrown, one after the other." Three locks down," Xander murmured. "Two to go." Another five minutes. Eight. They're not coming, I thought. 

"Lina and Jameson aren't coming," Grayson said, like he'd lifted the thought from my mind as easily as he'd guessed my number. 

"They'll be here," Nash said.