[3] exchange contacts.

@.y/n_l/n
it's safe to say kevin played wonderfully today:)) looking forward to attending a lot more games this year💕 @.kevinalveraz

kevin stared at the tweet that he was recently tagged in. many people retweeting and replying on how lucky he was. you guys already followed each other on instagram and twitter, it's only appropriate for him to ask for your number right? he decided to take his chances and slide into your instagram dms.

Y/N L/N

hey y/n!
i know this really cool place in mexico city
i'd love to fly you out there and have a nice date:)
just slide me your number for more details

"why would i say that, i don't even know if i have enough money to buy her a ticket!" he mentally face palms.

kevin played for his country's national team, was in one of the biggest club of that country, and did a lot of photo shoots. yet, he spent his money irresponsibly. he almost lived paycheck to paycheck.

kevin's hands quickly exits out instagram and opens his bank app. maybe if he was fast enough he could unsend the message if he didn't have the money. but it was too late, you'd already responded.

Y/N L/N

that's a very kind offer kevin, i'll go on that date with you

"fuck i don't even have enough money to buy her the ticket!!" he yells out loud. "luck be on my side!!" kevin's silent prayer was heard.

Y/N L/N

i just happened to be in mexico city currently!!
so no need to fly me out
here's my number  +1 ### ### ####

"i must be one lucky mother fucker! thank you lord and the angels above, AMEN!" kevin praises to whoever provided him with this luck. a small tear of happiness even runs down his cheek.

"like her message and text her on her number. no respond to her and then text her. wait no- i don't know." he speaks out loud to himself. if anyone were to walk in, they'd have him sent away to a hospital.

and as attractive as kevin was, he wasn't used to talking to girls. sure he'd interact with a few girls but that was different. you were different.

kevin remembers watching you on tv. the both of you, the same age yet you were already famous . now he's older, famous as well, and has a chance with you. he couldn't treat you like any other girl.

Y/N L/N

okay well i'll text you the details through imessage:)

y/n💐

hey it's kevin!

who?

kevin? kevin alvarez??

sorry bro she gave you the wrong number

what

JUST KIDDING
hi kevin
it's me:))
[insert image of you]

jajaja
you scared me lol

"ok, she's a jokester? so she probably likes funny guys. christian isn't a funny man though." he writes down all his ideas on what he can do to better himself.

how to pull y/n
• be funny (i already am)
• be confident
• talk about her interests
• don't be too confident i just remembered her ex is overly confident and currently writing this down
should i cross off the last one?
• be yourself! (unless she doesn't like yourself so change your personality so she does)

a clear cut list of the things he should during the date. he'd practice his charisma and confidence around everyone so he can be cool for you.

y/n💐

sooo
i was thinking we could go to this really nice restaurant near the stadium
just let me know when

i have a photo shoot tomorrow
soo i obviously can't do tomorrow haha
but the day after that i'm completely free

perfectttt i'm doing nothing that day
when and where can i pick you up?

pick me up?

i wouldn't be a real gentleman if i had you uber to the restaurant

ok thennn
here's where i'm staying
Venustiano Carranza,
15520 CDMX, Mexico

perfect, i'll pick you up on thursday at noon

that's fine with me
can we call? i want to get to know you more

yeah yeah let me do something really quick!

enano

SHE WANTS TO CALL
WHAT DO I WEAR
WHAT WILL I SAY
HELLO?
DIEGOOOO

diego was no help and kevin's luck had run out. how was he going to call you when he hadn't even worked on the list he made.

so he decided to take a leap of faith. call you, and see what you liked about him. he'd study your mannerisms and the way you interacted with him.

he justified it in his head, saying it would be useful and not weird at all. it was just tips so he knows what to do on the date!

"hey y/n!" his voice slightly cracked and was high pitched. it sounded like he was a teenager again.

his puberty sounding voice didn't go unnoticed by you. you giggle in response of his voice. "hi kevin, how are you? you played amazing last night."

"oh uh thank you, i'm good i'm good. how are you??" you sound too excited kevin, tone it down, the younger footballer mentally scolded himself.

"i'm welll, i have a shoot tomorrow which i'm kind of nervous about. it's for mexico vouge."

"we have a vogue? sorry i didn't mean for it to come off as rude!" quick to apologize, quick to take back everything i've said.

"noo noo it's fine," you pause to laugh a little more, "you know kevin, you're really funny."

"i um-" kevin struggles to find the right words. even though a simple thank you would've been enough..

but of course, he doesn't know how to talk to woman! he over analyzed what you said to him. he overthinks what his response should be. he took so long, he hadn't noticed that he hasn't said a word in the past minute or so.

"kevin..? are you still there?" he hears the concern reeking in your voice.

"no yeah yeah, sorry. i meant to say thank you but i think my phone just, just wasn't working haha." good save

"then we should end the call short, i wouldn't want your phone to not work while we are calling."

"wait no-"

"i'll call you tomorrow morning, bye kevinn."

you hung up without hearing kevin's last few words. oh he was hurt by that. but that hurt was outweighed with the joy he felt from the call.

"she called me funny AND she'd call me in the morning? yeah, we're getting married by next month!"

kevin spends the rest of his day ranting to diego and anyone who would listen about you. the 24 year old was ready to go on a date with the girl of his dreams (you!).

a/n

i've had this in my drafts in so long but never finished the chapter. i don't think it was good as my peak time🌬️