Throughout their cohabitation, Sesshomaru didn't think much of who would become his daughter. A mere human. One who would die by disease or human slash demon hands. She was small, weak, but she was also brave and courageous.

A human girl who wiggled through his defenses and stayed there. Her constant presence wedged itself into the recesses of his soul.

She grew up into a lovely young woman who left Sesshomaru's side to get married. A choice she made after learning healing beside Priestess Kaede and soon desired to have her own children. A usual want expressed by young women on the cusp of adulthood.

A pretty girl wasn't left alone for long. As mentioned by the priestess, demon slayer, and priestess Kaede. Inuyasha's priestess voiced her approval in Rin dating. A reckless notion. Rin would only settle for a husband who would protect her just as well as he had. A fruitless endeavor, but riches might possibly smooth over obstacles in Rin's life.

To his satisfaction, Rin didn't continue courtships without his approval. He was her father in all but blood. She respected his position and place in life. Although Rin did as she wished, she wanted Sesshomaru to help navigate her prospects just as her late father would have done for her.

She ignored the priestess' encouragement to spend time with whoever caught her eye. Rin wanted security and safety, not flighty commitment. Her youthful traveling fulfilled a sense of adventure which might have popped up as a young adult.

Rin was ready to plant her roots and begin a family.

.

.

.

Rin's future husband, a nobleman Sesshomaru vetted through rigorous tests, somewhat won his approval before he was able to ask for Rin's hand in marriage. He was nothing more than Rin's husband. A man Rin found suitable for the father of her children.

Sesshomaru made certain to hammer into the human male's head that Rin's happiness was far more important than anything else in his insignificant life. Rumor of infidelity, word of Rin's sadness, or even talk of abuse, and he would end up buried before the sun set in the sky.

Rin laughed in amusement, thinking Sesshomaru was joking.

Her husband, on the other hand, knew Sesshomaru was serious . The glowing golden eyes he looked into were not jesting. He knew of Sesshomaru's power and prestige. Sesshomaru could get away with murder if he wanted to.

When Rin left to be measured for her wedding attire, Sesshomaru pulled the human male aside. To reiterate the truth in his words.

"Lord Sesshomaru." The human male bowed low enough for his forehead to face the ground.

Sesshomaru sneered. "Cause her misery and you will die a most painful death. Am I clear?"

"Yes, my Lord." The human male's proud noble voice quivered.

.

.

.

On her wedding day, Sesshomaru entered her dressing room, after approval from the priestess and the demon slayer. Both of the women helped throughout Rin's preparations, the few women in her life whom Rin considered family.

Before him stood his daughter, dressed in a white kimono, makeup applied just right to accentuate her beauty. Sesshomaru ignored the twist of his heart, realizing of her imminent joining into another family.