Chapter 8 : Getting Friendly

Start from the beginning

I chuckled, while Carter groaned beside me."If you are done with flirting, maybe we can sit."

"Of course, you don't have to ask for my permission." Quin winked at Carter and wrapped his arm around my waist as he guided me towards the sofa, while Carter and Travis groaned in unison at Quin's antics.

Travis waved at a waiter, while Quin and Carter ordered a whiskey neat, Travis asked for another beer.

The waiter looked at me, "I'll have a glass of white zin." I said, deciding that I needed to be sober for this whole conversation.

As the waiter walked away, Travis turned to me," I'm Travis and that guy beside you sulking is Carter" I nodded and smiled at Travis."And you've already met the hyperactive kid.."

Quinn scowled," I'm not hyperactive, asshole. You guys are getting old and losing your charms."

Carter rolled his eyes, "Piss off, dude."

"So Stella, what do you do? " Travis questioned.

"I go to NYU." I lied smoothly.

Quin looked at me with wide eyes, "No way! You're still in college?"

I smiled," Yes. What did you think? "

"I mean, you look very young. But I didn't think you were a college student. I thought of something like a sexy intern or working in any company." he trailed off.

I laughed, "A sexy intern? God, you are unbelievable."

Quin grinned, "Unbelievably Hot?" I rolled my eyes playfully.

The waiter arrived with our drinks,"What do you study, Stella? " Carter asked.

" I'm majoring in Law." the lie rolled off my tongue very smoothly.

"Law huh? I remember Carter taking law in college." Travis mumbled, nodding towards Carter.

My eyes widened, "You were a law student?" I mentally thanked myself for saying law and not something else.

Carter nodded," I had always wanted to become a lawyer, I thought it was cool you know, fighting for justice and all. " he paused, finishing his drink at once, "But fate had different plans for me. "

Travis scoffed, "More like Daddy had different plans." Daddy...means Miguel huh?

"So you changed to business?" I asked, slowly sipping on my cocktail.

"I did, but I still took law as a minor subject," the look on his face was very different.

He looked so distant like his mind was somewhere else. The atmosphere around us had turned very tense.

Refilling his glass, Carter continued " I tried my best to not let go of my dream. But it became too much, and I had to drop it."

Travis clapped on Quin's back, "Quin, maybe you still have a chance of getting that sexy lawyer and client roleplay, which Chrissy denied you."

"Sexy lawyer and client roleplay?" I repeated, baffled.

"Shut up, Travis," Quin mumbled with red cheeks, probably embarrassed, confirming the claims about roleplay. And just like that, the cheerful atmosphere was back.

In a short time, during the conversation with these men, I had concluded that Travis was the funny one, Quin was quite the flirt and Carter was the silent one.

I checked the time on my mobile, it was already 8.50. I had to get on with my plan. Or else there would be very thin chances of getting any answers out of them.