Chapter 19: Incident

Start from the beginning

'Nessa!', I hear Bella's scream pierce through my ears but I can't see her.

I try to open my mouth and eyes but it's useless. The liquid is kind of sticky and it feels as if my whole face is glued together. I even have kind of difficulty breathing properly as my nose also feels completely isolated.

'For Merlin's sake!', Slughorn gets closer to me. I can hear his steps on the wooden floor of the classroom.

He must be doing some kind of a spell as I gradually fell the liquid disappearing from my face and my vision getting clearer and clearer.

'Miss Black, are you feeling fine?', the professor asks me, but I am to embarrassed to even look at him.

'Yeah, I guess so', I nod slightly. 'Could you excuse me, professor? I would like to go to the bathroom?

'Of course, of course. Take your time, Miss Black. Miss Parkinson and Miss Dawson will finish the task.'

'Thank you so much!', I say as I make my way towards the exit.

'Ness, do you need me to go with you?', Bella asks me when I go beside her.

'It's fine', I assure her and proceed walking.

When I am about to exit the classroom I hear Pansy's nasty lazy voice behind my back.

'Make sure to turn back, Nessa. We have Divinations afterwards.'

I just decide to ignore her and leave the room as soon as possible. Otherwise, I would have gotten into a fight with her. I am more than 100% sure that the "incident" has something to do with Pansy. She was too suspicious ever since we had our argument on Saturday night. She must have put extra feathers on purpose.

The snake she was!

As soon as I leave the Potions classroom emotions kick in and I start crying without making any noise. It's been too much to handle lately. And that suspicious incident was just the cherry on top.

I suddenly start running towards the only place I hope that I could find comfort in right now. I really wish that I won't get more disappointed.

***

Draco Malfoy

I had to spend the beginning of the day in the Room of Requirement in order to compensate for my lack of effort during the last week. I seem to make no progress and it kind of drains me out as we're already into November. I feel as if the pressure from Him would get stronger and stronger in the upcoming weeks and the thought of making him impatient or dissatisfied sends chills up and down my spine. I have to finish this task somehow. Successfully...

I am already out of the Room of Requirement and walking down the hallway on the seventh floor when I hear sobbing from the opposite side of the corridor.

There's no need to lift my head and search for the source of the noise. I can recognize her in every shape, form and behavior. Sobbing, laughing, walking, even chewing.

I don't bother making any sound, I just make sure to run as fast as I can so I could reach her and hold her in my embrace.

I hate seeing her in such a state. I feel so helpless, so hurt when I see her cry. It's as if her suffering directly affects my physical health. I can feel a sharp pain directly in that weak spot under the chest.

'Come here', I say as we're already right in front of each other.

She doesn't wait for any more invitations and lands right into my embrace. I pat her back and head and keep my mouth shut as much as I want to ask what's wrong. I wait for her to feel comfortable enough to speak. Until then I'm perfectly fine just holding her in my hands, the least I could do to protect her.

'It's Pansy', Nessa says after a while. Her face is still buried into my chest.

I swear I would put Pansy Parkinson in her place even with the possibility of being kicked out of Hogwarts. But because of the stupid task I had to finish I had no other choice but bear with her rotten behavior.

'We'll eventually deal with her one day. Don't worry', I tell Nessa as I continue caressing her back.

'I don't feel like attending Divination', she suddenly says and I can't help but laugh at her boldness.

'Then we won't', I confirm.

She lifts her head up and faces me. A wide smile suddenly brightens up her whole face. Merlin's beard, I fucking adore her smile and the way her eyes twinkle whenever she smiles. Why am I like this? I can't help it but return the smile.

'What are you doing?', her eyebrows almost meet each other in a confused expression when I take her hand in mine and start dragging her towards the stairs.

'You'll see. I'm taking you to one of my favorite places in Hogwarts.'

So finallyyyyyyy! I made a comeback hahah

I have finals next week, but I'm glad I found some free time to write cuz I've been so stressed lately. I needed to do something pleasant like for real. Ever since I moved to South Korea my life has been all about studying, eating, sleeping. All over again. Now that I'm slowly adapting my daily life to the situation here I hope that I'll get the chance to write more often and revive this story cuz I have a vision for it.

Thank you for reading up until here and I really hope that you enjoy your time in this story <3

Where do you think that Draco is taking Nessa?