Chapter 2: Divination class

Draco Malfoy

'Why would you do that, mate? Why didn't you make up something instead of repeating my Аmortentia's scents? It was bloody awkward, I swear', Nott starts complaining as soon as we exit the Potions cabinet.

'My apologies, Nott. My brain is lazier early in the morning.'

I lie. Almond, jasmine, tuberose and cocoa. That's exactly what my Аmortentia smelled of.

'Don't blame him, Theo. Those are the limits of his big brain.'

Saying that Nessa walks past me and Theo, and continues briskly down the hallway, hand in hand with Pansy, not giving me the chance to defend myself. Suddenly, my senses are attacked by the same bloody scent. The jasmine and tuberose are way stronger than the other two ingredients.

Pansy Parkinson? After all these years? It couldn't be. I might be going mad or I just need more sleep. The latter is for sure.

'Girls, don't mind them', Blaise's heavy hand finds its way over my shoulders. His other hand is intertwined with Bella Dawson's tiny pale palm. As much as I hate lovey-dovey scenes, I must admit those two were born to be together.

'Yeah, whatever', I mutter and free myself of the grip. 'I have to hurry up, Divination, you know.'

Theo and Blaise burst into laughter as I got further away.

'Tossers', I shout back at them before disappearing behind the corner. One month and they would still mock me about choosing to continue with Divination classes in the sixth year. They would never understand. And frankly, I don't care. I had to choose the easiest classes that would require the least amount of effort. I had other things on my mind. The school was not a top priority anymore.

I am already on the staircase of the North Tower when I feel it once more. That bloody scent. I might soon start despising it. I am the last student to enter the Divination classroom and the only left space for me to sit is on a first-row table, right in front of Professor Trelawney. At the table behind me, I spot Nessa and Pansy passionately discussing something. They stop as soon as they notice my presence.

'Go on, girls. My big brain doesn't even function properly, so I wouldn't even catch a thing of your conversation.'

I catch sight of Nessa demonstratively rolling her eyes before turning around and occupying my honorable seat.

Trelawney storms into the classroom and faces the students with her lunatic stare.

'Today, darlings, we're going to find the meaning and numerology of our names and play with some tarot cards.'

Her eyes meet mine and I smile awkwardly. It's going to be a tough hour and a half.

***

'We aren't finished with our conversation yet.'

Nessa rolled her eyes and a bored sigh escaped her chest. That girl and her temper. I would never doubt her belonging to the Black family.

'What do you want from me? I would like to sleep. Tomorrow is Monday.'

'I want to know why you were spying on me', I answered in a calm manner.