▬ιBEST BLURB RESULTS═ﺤ

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

The results for Best Blurb are here!

Please do take the time to thank your judge, chocxlatelover!  She's put a lot of effort into the reviews!

We only have 3 participants for the category due to the failure to complete the payment! We'll be having only one winner this time, that is, only First Place will be given out!

⚔️

The Assassin's Princess by -astralis 

Suitability (4.5/5): The blurb does a good job of giving the readers a good idea of the two main characters. However, it only talks about them as separate characters and doesn't show how they are related to each other and/or to the story.

Size (4/5): The size of the blurb is perfect, neither too large nor too small. However, the blurb hasn't been utilised to its full potential. There are some unnecessary details (the extract from the story at the top and a random quote in the middle) and it doesn't give some important information as mentioned before.

Format (3/5): I generally love this format of hooking the readers with an extract at the beginning and then giving information about the characters, setting etc. However, I think the format is ruined by having the quote "Even the sky... to the stars" between the two paragraphs. The quote would be better suited at either the very beginning or the end of the blurb. The current placement broke my flow while reading the blurb.

Relevance (3/5): The blurb focuses too much on the characters and not enough on the actual story. By reading this blurb, I know who Persephone and Damian are and their potential role in the story. But what is the story? How are they connected? What challenges will they face? None of these questions are answered and the blurb fails to draw readers into the story by leaving out such important bits of information.

Overall appeal (2.5/5): While looking at the blurb from afar (not focusing on the information given), the structure feels messy. In paragraphs, a new line is started for no reason and once again breaks the flow of the story. Moreover, there are many punctuation errors. Full stops are rarely used and that instantly crushed all my excitement for reading the blurb.

Total: 17/25

⚔️

Hell Is An Empty Heart by AnnamitaMuscaria 

Suitability (5/5): The blurb suits the book very well and all the information provided is relevant to the story.

Size (4.5/5): The size of the blurb was perfect, neither too big nor too small. However, I did feel as though not all the necessary information was provided in this space which I'll talk about more later.

Format (5/5): The format was unique but nonetheless, engaging to read. The starting and ending of the blurb are beautifully phrased to hook the readers into the story.

Relevance (3/5): After reading the blurb, I was left with a big question mark in my head. I could not fully understand the characters or conflict of the story. After re-reading the blurb, I felt that it focused more on world-building than the actual plot. While I understand that some amount of world-building is required in the blurb, it shouldn't be so much that it overshadows the characters and plot, which people are more interested in.

Overall appeal (4/5): Overall, I liked the writing style of the blurb. It very much suited the theme and was very alluring. However, as earlier mentioned, there's not enough information on the main conflict except for two lines at the end (which only brush upon the conflict).

Total - 21.5/25

⚔️

Winner 🏆

First Place 🥇

Oath of Steel by AtheinaVismark  

Suitability (5/5): The blurb flawlessly conveys the base idea of the story. It doesn't reveal too much, but enough to get people itching to know more.

Size (4.5/5): The size was a bit jarring to see at first, but reading the entire blurb made me realise that all the information was necessary to include.

Format (3.5/5): I absolutely loved the format of the blurb! However, one minor issue I noticed was that some of the sentences were quite a mouthful. The first line in the second paragraph of the blurb (the one that introduces Rosalynde) was very huge and I felt could've been shortened. It was as though everything I needed to know about Rosalynde was all dumped in that one sentence. My suggestion would be to weave that information throughout the blurb. For example, you could omit "wicked wit and illustrious skills" from the first paragraph and keep it in the second, framing it something along the lines of - "Steel must use her wicked wit and illustrious skills to protect the secrets of the crown". This way, the information is still delivered and the first paragraph feels less cluttered.

Relevance (5/5): All the information given was necessary to know and I never felt as though something was missing in the blurb. Reading the blurb gave me an idea of who Rosalynde was, her duties to protect the crown, Hector's involvement in the story etc.

Overall appeal (4/5): Overall, the blurb was really fun to read except for the minor issues mentioned above. Good luck!

Total - 22/25

⚔️

Congratulations to the winner! Here is your sticker!

Also, the winner will be followed by chocxlatelover!

Participants, kudos for participating! We hope the review helps!A sticker for participation:

A sticker for participation:

Participants, kudos for participating! We hope the review helps!A sticker for participation:

PS: Judges will get their stickers at the end of the awards.

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.