|9|

A/N
Y'all are gonna freak

Today I didn't have anything on my schedule, seeing that Gracie's on her way to Chicago for a show and I was supposed to go with her.

She'd asked if I wanted to stay home, and knowing that I would be getting the call soon, I said yes.

I roll over in my bed and grab my phone. Three missed calls from Lacy, and five unread texts. Even Gracie had called me once.

This gets my attention, so it sit up and read the texts.

Lacy
Answer me

Lacy
Melanie wake up

Lacy
Call me back ASAP

Lacy
Melanie call me right now

Lacy
MELLIE

I quickly call her number and she picks up after two rings.

"What's wrong?" I ask groggily.

"You got the deal with Interscope," she screams.

My jaw drops and my hand covers my mouth, "You're joking."

"I'm not," she says excitedly, "you're schedule will stay the same, but you'll just have to drive up there to work."

"Oh my god," a smile overtakes my face, "I can't believe it."

"I can. I was sure you were gonna get it," she says, and I can hear her smile.

"Thank you," I laugh and that's when I notice the tears forming in my eyes, "I'm gonna hang up so I can scream, okay?"

"Okay," she laughs.

"Thank you for everything Lacy," I sigh, like a weight has been lifted off of me.

"You're easy to please," she giggles, "I wouldn't want to work with anyone else."

"I'll talk to you later?"

"Yes, bye Mellie," she squeals into the phone.

"By Lace," I pull my phone away from my ear and hang up.

I drop my phone on my bed and grab a pillow. Putting the pillow up to my face, I scream out of excitement, but that's when the tears really start to run.

There's always been a part of me that's liked music, and after I started helping Gracie, it should have been obvious that I would eventually start singing myself.

But I guess I was the only one who couldn't see that.

The tears aren't really about the fact that I've had to try so hard to get to where I am. Because I haven't.

I have no right to be so excited, because I'm sitting in the apartment that my dad bought, laying in the bed my dad bought, and have my face smushed into a pillow, you guessed it, my dad bought.

I'm not complaining, not at all, but I just feel like I have no right to be excited over something that's been handed to me.

I sit in silence for a while until I decide to call Jack. I would be calling Gracie, but she's on a plane to Chicago right now, so she wouldn't answer.

It was 10:30 in Virginia, so he should answer.

And he did.

"Hello?" He asks groggily.

Hot damn.

"Jack," I borderline yell.

"What? Are you okay?" Sounds of movement come from his end.