CHAPTER-8

Siren POV

All we do is run away from each other now. No one dares to look at other for more than 3 seconds. A kind of imaginary protocols that force us to stay acquaintance towards each other has been set in the air around us. It's not that we can't, it's just we don't want to.

I was walking down the stairs, zoning out while rubbing my cold hands together. Winters were approaching, standing at the doorsteps of heavy and healthy autumn. All three mistresses had taken leaves to visit their family. Like every winter, I was left alone... but not exactly. There was someone in my house this time. But does it matter? He can only fill up my rooms, not my heart.

A sigh escaped my lips as I went on and looked outside the glass wall whose curtains were drawn out. Rain is my fear. The clouds were damped like they were soaked in water and slowly slowly they met the ground with an oddly satisfying sound. I swear I didn't intend to... but i was pulled back to my past.. to that day..

"Yeyyyyyyyyy! " Yumi twirled in the sky with her feathery and shiny white wings that looked at flawless in the sunny sky of winters. "Yumi, slow down dear! " Her grandmother sitting near the stream yelled across but she just giggled.

Grandmother smiled. Everything was going great. Yumi had strangly become the fairy of Autumn and Winter this year. She was 17 now and had grown into a beautiful, young and charming girl. She got to know about her mother and was happy to live with her in the palace. She usually switched her home from the great palace to that little hut down the hill as per her will. But it was so dreamy that they forget dreams have to end one day.

Yumi POV

I was in the palace, jogging towards eomma's chamber. I want to show my wings to her. I thought of her happy face and giggled to myself running faster. Once I reached her chamber, I heard weird noises. I tried to pick in but flinched when heard the glass breaking. Barging in, I saw my appa holding eomma with her hair while her face was drenched with blood. A sorrowful cry left my lips when U saw her wings lying on the floor in pieces.

I started crying loudly looking at my mother who was unconscious now. I looked at my father to see him smirking at me. I turned to run but as I turned around, many men surrounded me. I screamed loudly but they crashed my head to the wall which me it bleed. Tears were streaming out of my eyes as I fell unconscious.

When I woke up, I saw all the men still aound me while I was tied up, hanging from the ceiling. I felt pain in my back, a stinking pain... but my eyes went down, my wings. They were chopped up like my mother's. My white wings were red now. I started crying loudly but then stopped once one of the men hit my stomach with a rod. Blood came out of my mouth and I coughed loudly. "Stop! " one of them shouted at me but I didn't, I couldn't. It was painful.

"You wanna see what I can do if you don't listen to me? You little  bitch! " He made me look up and I did to see halmeoni sitting on the ground in pain. She too was tortured, they didn't left anyone. "Y-Yu-Yumi, m-my de-dear.. "  she spoke, she tried to but before she could finish, all the men started drenching her with water. I cried, seeing her feeling cold.

But then... The guy who hit me pulled out a lighter. No! He threw it on halmeoni and a loud cry escaped her lips. "Arhhhhhhhhhhh!! " She cried in pain. She flapped herself but she was already wrapped up in the coatings of the flame.

It's  been two days, I was on the floor of the same room. Halmeoni's body was still lying infront of me. I looked at it lifelessly, with no emotion. The door opened when those jerks came in with bottles of alcohol in their hands. They are going to use me again. Like those past two nights. I shivered at the thoughts and lifelessly crawled back and they chuckled seeing my lame efforts.

"No need to try sweetheart, you can't be saved. Strip! " They yelled at me.

I tried to make a mud barrier with my magic but there is no mud near me and I am not that strong to mould hardened cement. I cried and shaked my head but they pulled by my ankle and ripped open my tee.

Author's POV

She was lifeless lying on the floor. Her body was motionless. The door once again opened and she saw a human lady with skin tight tube dress entering with a classy heal. She crouched in front of her and said, " Hello, Yumi. " she said with a small smile. "W-Who are you? ", " I am a Siren. My name is Florida.. Some of the Sirens and Witches are here to help you out from here." She explained which only brought confusion on my face.

"We shall leave. The humans are tackled for a short time. Look at your mother and grandma for the last time, honey. " As soon as she said that, Yumi looked behind her only to see her grandma's body disappeared from there.

She at once got on her feet, feeling an unbearable pain and limped outside. It was raining, she was kept in a sort of garage. To her surprise, Sirens and Witches were controlling the fairies for now. She looked at her mother and Halmeoni lying on the ground and started crying, not caring about the rain. She broke down, her cries seemed so much painful then her wounds.

Just then Lady Kangola, the most trusted lady of the late queen came with Yumi's baby sister in her hands. Yumi again limped towards her but her  heart clenched. The baby too was... gone. The baby had a bloody silt on its throat. Yumi tried to grasp her sister but lady Kangola didn't let it go. She looked at her and shook her head.

Yumi was confused but lady Kangola's next word shook her to core. " We had a deal with the humans. They will take her and leave you and that's how you would be saved." She couldn't believe it, she started begging for anyone to tell her what happened but no one showed up. Just then lady Hanshi came to her.

"Your father... was a human. Turned out to be a nasty one. When he got to the fairy world, he had wicked intentions towards us. He wanted to experiment on the fairies and what could be better then the queen or its heirs. So he made your mother fall in love with him and she did. She knew he was a human but she trusted him. After you were born, he tried to show up his true colours but couldn't as Lady Kangola left you in the Jungle. Later when  you were found, he was hesitant cause you had been ruling so much power over that period. And so your sister came. She was his target but unfortunately Queen got to know about it and so he killed her. He was debating whom to take within you too and so we offered him the deal.. "

She said it all but Yumi couldn't figure out much. She looked around the fairies that are looking at her in rage.
" SHE IS A HUMAN'S CHILD. A DEVILISH HUMAN! IT'S BETTER TO KILL HER! " a voice came from the croud hyping all. "YEAH! KILL HER! " All of them chorused.

Her agony was slowly  changing into something else. She at once looked up to them and the thunder striked just beside her. She looked at them with hatred, so much hatred that they couldn't say a word now.

" I DECLARE IT RIGHT NOW, RIGHT HERE! I WILL BE EVERY FAIRIES WORST NIGHTMARE. I WILL BE SIREN BUT WORST THEN ANY OF THE SIREN OF WITCH. YOU WILL GET GOOSEBUMPS ONCE HEAR MY NAME. YOU WILL HATE ME THE MOST AND YOUR HANDS WILL ITCH TO KILL ME BUT YOU WOULD BE SO SCARED THAT YOU WOULD BEG FOR MERCY!"

Her eyes watered. That day, the sky cried with her but she felt that it mocked it. She got the potential of Vengeance that day and that's how she was the Fairy of 7 Potential.

She will seek vengeance. Everybody knew that and everybody feared her.