2.5 || Sweet Encounter

Start from the beginning

Sophia pursed her lips but remained humorously silent, knowing that she couldn't dispute him. She definitely wanted to eat some of the sweet treats there, but she was being honest when she claimed she felt some intuition, not that she could a finger on what exactly it was.

Once she and Yeong-Su put the bags in the storage carriage, they began to go back to the Prince's room. On cue, Seungmin was walking out as he adjusted his sleeves, his elegant fingers unbuttoning the golden circles on the wrist of the blouse. He looked up with half-lidded eyes when hearing the synchronized footsteps of his personal aids while he leaned down to pick up his mana beast.

"Good morning, Prince Sion," Yeong-Su greeted, putting a hand to his chest and bowing. Using his free hand, Seungmin flicked his hand to signal for him to stop his formalities.

"'Morning," he mumbled as he walked down the hall. Shin chirped in his arms, burrowing closer to the warm coat fur on his chest, still half asleep, and the two personal aids followed behind. Sophia updated the Prince on the extent of packing done and guessed out loud that everyone should be ready to depart by the time he finished his breakfast.

Seungmin drowned out her voice describing what the chefs were preparing as he stood at the doorway of the dining hall. Zara and Asil were coming from the other side, and they promptly bowed upon seeing the mint-haired boy.

Sophia's words trailed off before her expression brightened and she trotted toward the Indarian duo, greeting, "Good morning, guys! Are you also here for breakfast?"

"Yes," Zara smiled. "It seems we came at the right time. I suppose this is the last we will see each other for a while?"

"We're leaving after breakfast," Sophia answered as she opened the door to the dining hall. Her tone was slightly wistful but knowing that they would keep in contact frequently for the umbrella project, she wasn't upset enough to cause a huge ruckus (thankfully).

Everyone trailed into the room and sat in their respective seats—Seungmin at the head, with Zara and Asil sitting at the side. The chef came in soon after from a side door connected directly to the kitchen. He and two other maids pushed clean, metal carts with plates of food and began placing the appetizers first on the table. There was a warm, creamy soup and honey-roasted vegetables plated around it, a variety of bread also offered by the side to dip. The Second Prince brought his bowl of soup closer to him and began stirring the seasoning on top with his spoon.

"My Prince," the violet-haired female suddenly called out, prompting Seungmin's impassive gaze to fall upon her, "you said you were gifting the first umbrella to someone...May I ask to whom?"

The Prince paused. What was he to call Alexander Maximillion? A project collaborator? A school acquaintance? Someone he would rather use as an advertisement for the umbrella more than as a friend?

After sipping some of the soup and feeling the warmth run down his body, he decided to say, "Duke Maximillion's Heir. He lives in Kyre where many nobles visit, so he could catch the attention of many there."

Zara tilted her head, expecting more of an introduction of this gift receiver. They must have been in good standing with the quiet Prince to receive the first-ever umbrella for free, right? But she chose against pressing on and instead enjoyed the last first-class meal she would have for a while.

She and Asil were planning on leaving a few hours after the Prince to their new home on the market street, which by no means had a personal chef or any maids but was plenty enough for the two of them. The house was two floors tall with the first being the shop itself and the second housing their actual living space.

Asil had already decorated the shop with their merchandise, leaving a window empty for when the umbrellas would be introduced more frequently, while Zara furnished the second floor. It was all thanks to the Second Prince that they were able to afford such a house, and it was quite saddening to both the Indarians that he was leaving so soon.