As Above, So Below

💚Chapter Fourteen💚

Wind was all around You, compressing your body as your eyes stung and made You squint into the darkness. Your stomach lurched sickeningly as your body suddenly rotated and You were spat out into a room. Your back hit the floor before being bounced back up again and again. Surprisingly, You seemed to have been unharmed by the impact of the long fall. In your confusion, You laid on the bouncy floor, which still jiggled You ever so slightly, in starfish position, breathing heavily in shock.

You realized that You were in a room with a soft white light illuminating the room. Where was the light coming from? You weren't sure. The floor You landed on was similar to that of an inflatable bouncy castle's floor with thick yellow, red, and blue oxford cloth stripes, all puffed up with air. You fell from a yellow slide tube- with various flower, heart, and star stickers adorning it- that seemed like it lead to an infinite abyss of darkness. The walls were red and almost looked as if they were pulsing every five seconds. The room was boxy and led out into a hall. The ceilings were tall, perhaps 17 feet or taller.

After a moment of processing and adjusting, You sat up, crawled to the entrance, and stood on solid ground once more. You peaked into the long hall, looking left, then right, and saw Sally's feet slide around the corner. Wally must still be dragging her, but too where? Was Sally even still... 'animated'?

Swallowing hard, You followed, going as quickly and as quietly as You could. You remembered Sally's play, where the dragon kidnapped the princess and the knight had to save her. 'I really hope this doesn't end the same way that play did.' You thought, groaning internally as You remembered that the knight had to kiss the dragon in the end.

Turning the corner, You came to a room with eight TV screens on the wall to your right with one big TV in the center. There was a round table- reminding You, fondly, of Poppy's dinner table- with a big heart in the middle of it that seemed to also be a screen of sorts. The walls and floors were still a reddish pink color, still pulsing every few seconds. Standing in front of the TVs and in front of the table, was Wally, presenting Sally's body to... three humans? All who seemed to be in the same situation You were in, for they all seemed to have shrunken as well to 3-4 feet! There were other humans here?

Your eyes widened and You felt like a deer caught in headlights as the three humans and Wally noticed You. The humans wore expressions of shock and surprised, some looking more excited than others to meet a new human. Wally, on the other hand, was completely calm.

"Hello stranger." Wally grimaced, waving You over with exaggerated and artificial excitement. "You mustn't lurk in doorways. It's rude!" You coaxed You forward, in a manner that dared You to disobey him. You came into the room, nervously. "Come meet the Showrunners! Since you're so... very..." He narrowed his eyes as he looked into yours, humming thoughtfully as he flexed his fingers. "... curious." He finished, nodding in a satisfied way. You crept over, awkwardly, eyes not meeting Wally's, but instead gazing at the humans.

The first human who seemed to compose himself straightened and walked over to You, clearing his throat and presenting a hand. "Hello, it's nice to finally meet you, 'stranger'. Please, call me Dr. Hernandez." This man looked around his late 20s or early 30s and had brown hair slicked back with stern hazel eyes. He wore a surprisingly clean buttoned up white lab coat and had brown gloves on with black stains. His pants and boots were black and he wore a camo lanyard around his neck. You reluctantly shook his dirty gloved hand. Hernandez, eh? A bit long, perhaps You could give him a nickname. Maybe Hern or Dez?

The second human was a woman around the age of 18 with frizzy dyed blonde hair that stuck out in every direction and glassy grey eyes. She had an air of childhood wonder, very on brand for a children's puppet show, as she hurried to greet You with a smile. She wore the same as Dr. Hernandez, minus the gloves, which were shoved in her lab coat pocket. Her lab coat had some dark stains on it, similar to those on the gloves. The girl took your hand- that was just let go by Dr. Hernandez's hand- in both of her dark, smooth hands, clutching it to her chest. "Oh my gosh! Another human! We've been watching You! You're so cool! Oh! I'm Tasha!"

The last human was a boy around your age, but a little taller. He had short blonde hair with bangs, brown eyes, and held himself confidently. He wore a buttoned up white lab coat covered in black stains like the others and vibrant yellow gloves. He put a hand on Tasha's shoulder, pulling her back ever so slightly. "Give them some space, Tash," He chuckled, smiling at You. "Hey, I'm Lance." Tasha giggled happily at Lance, releasing Your hand and patting him on the head.

"Oops! Sorry, Lance. It's been..." Her smile faltered for a moment. "It's been a while since we've met anyone new..." Wally comes up behind Tasha, staring at her and putting a comforting hand on her arm, making the woman shiver. "I mean- uh-" Lance nudged Tasha's arm gently, reviving her cheerfulness. "We know a lot about You!" Tasha laughs awkwardly.

"I think that's enough." Wally walked to You and took your hand in his own, getting some of the black substance oozing from Sally on You. He stared into your eyes, his own wide and no longer hooded. "Come along, stranger, you've had your fun."

"Wait, what's going to happen to Sally?" You ask, frantically snatching your hand away from Wally. "What did you do?" You lowered your voice to show You meant business.

"What did I do?" Wally chuckles, not breaking eye contact. His tone is cheerful and teasing. "I did nothing, my dear stranger, but You..." His playful tone became serious and his smile lessened. "You went off script." He stares at You, pupils shaking frantically. Wally's face seemed covered into shadows for a moment as he considered You. "I wasn't planning on bringing you down here yet. I didn't think you were ready and Home said it would be good to have a new character to work with." Wally smiles at You, tilting his head to the side abruptly. "But here you are. And curiosity killed the cat, my dear stranger."

"Cut the crap! Tell me what's going on!!!" You scream at him, gritting your teeth and turning your hands into fists as You shake furiously.

"Hmm." Wally hummed, eyes flickering to the floor, a smug smile on his face. "No, I don't think I'm going to do that..." Something cold and gooey that felt like old, stiff slime gripped your ankle tightly and You quickly looked at the floor. A strange black tendril has gripped You, seemingly coming from the ceiling and-

"AAAAH!" You screamed as the tendril withdrew suddenly, dragging You with it up into the void above. The others looked up at You, Wally watching You with a wide smile. In fact, he had the nerve to blow You a kiss and wave bye bye. The others looked a little more panicked, except Dr Hernandez, who seemed to be more prioritized with Sally's corpse. Wind pressed against You once more and gravity seemed to be spiraling as You gag and hold back throw up. All around You, everything is going dark. Your body stops, feeling heavy, and the tendril feels as if it's everywhere now, consuming You.

"I warned you to keep them in line, Wally. Peace must be maintained, as above, so below."

(A/N: Oh gosh, I'm so sorry that took so long! I had to work out some of the kinks in this theory lore! I hope You enjoyed this chapter! Please comment and vote, thank you!)