Thunder And Lightning

💛Chapter Ten💛

You woke up in your new house to the sound of angry saturating showers beating against your roof. Thunder crackled in the distance and a flash of lightning followed soon after. You could hear the whoosh of wind hammering against the house, making getting out of bed a must less desirable goal. Groaning, You rolled over in bed and hid underneath your bed sheets, curling yourself up even more. It felt warm and safe, all wrapped up under the covers, and you felt you could momentarily forget your problems. Nothing else mattered except- growl.

Ah yes. You haven't eaten in a while. When was the last time you'd eaten? Wally's Home? The last time you'd eaten a full meal had been Sadie's sleepover, You were sure. The thought of reality sickened You, the thought of all the people and responsibilities you'd left behind... so You- quite literally- rolled out of bed and landed with a thump.

You sat there, trying to untangle yourself from the covers for a moment, before getting to your feet. You spotted yourself in the mirror, with a bedhead and the same clothes from yesterday. Drool dripped from the corner of your mouth and you self-consciously wiped it away with your sleep before trudging downstairs.

Wally had stocked up your kitchen well with all sorts of ingredients, but You weren't in the mood to cook. Instead, You pulled out the pie given to You by Wally and made by Poppy, whoever that was.

"Thanks Poppy." You mumble under your breath as You cut a slice and put it on a plate. You take the plate and sit down on the couch, sprawled out shamelessly, and begin to eat. The rain was soothing to listen to in your first few moments to think. Can You believe that just two days ago when You woke up in a land filled with animated puppets and living houses? Or that You had only just met the unpredictable Wally? You felt like you'd known them for two weeks at the most and yet it had only been two days. You sigh and look out the window.

The colors of Home had toned down a bit, greyed by the rain, and looked gloomier than before. Perhaps the lack of vibrant neighbors also took away from the typically joyful atmosphere as well.

All was peaceful and perfect and good in the world, until your banana yellow phone rang throughout the house, startling You. You stood up, placing the pie down, and went to your chair and telephone. Who even had your phone number at this point? With a sigh, You answer. "Hey, what do ya want-"

"OH MY GOSH, YOU'RE ALIVE!!!" Shrieked the familiar voice. No... it couldn't be... Your hand flew to your mouth as You gaped, mouth opening and closing as You struggled to find words to communicate.

"S-Sadie?!" You gasp, almost dropping your phone in shock. "Is that really you?!.." You get tears pricking the corners of your eyes and You tightened onto the phone as if holding on for dear life. Breath uneven, You whisper in astonishment. "But how?.."

"Yes, it's me..." You heard Sadie getting choked up as she struggled to continue to speak. "And R-Reese is here too."

"Can I speak to him?!" You began to pace, running a hand over your head, eyes bulging as You were still in disbelief. "I-I have so much to tell you both!"

"Don't worry! We're going to get you out of this, you'll be just fine! Stay with me! Don't-" The line cut off suddenly and so did your breath.

"Sadie?... Reese?!" You scream into the phone with no response.

Finally, the phone started up again. You gasped and pressed it to your ear eagerly, eyes wide, begging, pleading for Sadie or Reese or anyone to speak to You.

Perhaps your wish for "anyone" was unwise.

"... Hello stranger." Spoke the slow, monotone yet expressive voice of Wally Darling, making your breath hitch. "Were you talking to someone?"

You slid down the side of your chair again, at a loss for words. Someone from reality had called You here, in Welcome Home. You were contacted by someone from the outside world! Why did Sadie leave You alone again? To talk with sentient puppets? You remembered that Wally was waiting for your response so You brought the phone to your lips to sputter out, "N-No..." Gee, that sounded real convincing.

Wally chuckled on the other side. "Ha, ha, ha. Silly. Silly," He sighed in a blissful voice, "if you're going to be talking to anyone, talk to someone from the neighborhood! They're your neighbors after all and neighbors look out for one another. Or, even better, you can talk to me any time you want." He offered, voice quieting a little.

"Thank you, but no thank you." You responded, flatly, before slamming your phone down, ending the call. You thought for a moment. Perhaps talking to other neighbors wouldn't be too bad. You looked outside at the rain before going to your closet. You pulled out a yellow umbrella with pink polka dots and put on red rain boots before marching out.

The hill You lived on was slippery with mud and You had to side walk downhill very cautiously. The rain continued to beat down on your flimsy umbrella and You hurried to the path to head to Howdy's.

Howdy had offered help if You ever needed it and You needed someone to confide in without Wally constantly breathing down your neck.

When You arrived, You found a "Sorry, We Are Closed" sign on the shop door.

"No no no no...!" You whisper and anxiously press your face to the glass to see if Howdy was actually inside. "Howdy????" You knocked furiously, but the noise You made paled in comparison to the thunderstorm booming around You. You try to open the door because, who knows? Maybe he left it open and, after all, Welcome Home residents didn't seem to have licks. But no. The door knob didn't even jiggle. You stared blankly at the door until You spotted a little little note slightly hidden underneath the sign and You yanked it out. There was a map of Home, with a red barn house circled and Howdy's neat handwriting saying, "Hello neighbor! I am currently at Poppy's if you need anything.". You looked across the road to see Poppy's barn tucked behind Sally's house and the post office and sighed. Now for more tracking through the rain montages.

(A/N: I can't make up my mind, guys. Do I want an obsessive and possessive Wally or should I stick to canon as much as possible? Ya know, this is my fanfic and I'm gonna do what ever the heck I feel.)