xii. eternal flame

Start from the beginning

"Not giving me false hopes! Not fucking him!" Emma screamed in continuation.

"I made a mistake, but I didn't know what to do. I was scared! Don't condemn me for that."

Emma took a deep breath. She didn't want to keep screaming anymore. It was useless. Also, they were in the middle of the street where anybody could hear.

"Why did you do it?"

"I- I don't know. I just- I just wasn't thinking straight. Or I was thinking too straight." She tried to make a joke, Emma didn't laugh. "Okay. Hum... I guess I was scared that I felt the same. I'm sorry."

"I am not in love with you anymore." She was still mad.

"I know." The entire population of Stars Hollow knew about Tristan. "I'm also not in love with you anymore. And I am highly aware that we'll never go back to our friendship. I just don't want you to hate me."

"I don't hate you." She wasn't mad anymore. Michelle smiled brightly.

Would you forgive the unforgivable? I think I would. Forgive, but not forget. Never forget

"Bravo!" A clap of hands filled the streets. Adam appeared from the corner. That bitch never goes away. "Do you wanna take this to my place? You lesbos kiss and I watch."

Emma slapped him in the face.

"Shut the fuck up."

Luke watched it from the diner and immediately ran into their direction.

"What is happening here?"

"Nothing, Luke. We're just playing." Adam talked with his hands like a clown.

"For you is Mr. Danes. Now get away from my- from these girls!" Adam disappeared, it was about time. Luke turned his attention to Emma. "Is everything alright?" What happened to the coffees?"

"That's my fault. I'll pay for new ones." Michelle and Luke went back to the diner to get the coffees, but only when Luke was sure that Emma was one hundred percent fine.

Emma took her phone out of her bag. She called Tristan. He didn't pick up.

✯✯✯

The girls were siting in the ground surrounded by loads of clothing that Lorelai was storing for some charity thing.

"So here's how it should go: Madeline will do the introductions, I'll handle the debate, Rory and Emma will do the conclusion and Louise will take the questions." Paris started bossing around.

"Wait." Rory intervened. "Why do you automatically get the debate?"

"Because I'm the most experienced at it." She said it as if it was obvious. 

"Trust me, you want her to handle the debate. She never gives up." Madeline commented as she tried on a purple scarf. Louise and her were going through the bags of clothes, browsing. 

"Okay." Rory sighed. 

"What is all this stuff?" Louise asked, picking up glittery piece of fabric.

"It's for a big town rummage sale." Emma answered, opening her notebook. 

"Like a charity thing?" Madeline inquired.

"Yeah, there's this old bridge that is completely falling apart and the town is trying to save it." 

"Oh, cool hat!" Louise exclaimed.

"Put that down, it's used." Paris spoke with disgust in her tongue.