Emma was smiling ridiculously.

"Grandma, look at this. It has flowers all over it."

"Yes, it's very pretty." Emily was adored by every single piece in that 'storeroom'.

"Is it something special?"

"Do you like it?" Emma nods to the question. "Then it's something special."

This moment warmed Emma's heart. She felt like she was making a real connection with her grandmother, something she always dreamt, something that always felt untouchable, impossible, unreal, it had only felt like a dream until this very day. 

"Hi." Lane's soft voice announces her presence.

"Lane, this is my grandma. Grandma, this is my friend Lane." Emma introduces the two of them.

"I've heard a lot about you. You are very good friend to Emma and Rory. I appreciate it."

Lane looked at Emma with a smile.

"It's nice to meet you." Her gaze switched to Emily and to Emma again. "Can I talk to you for a sec?"

"Go. I have a lot of looking to do here." Emily leaves the girls alone and dives into her scavenger hunt. 

"Problem." Lane starts talking.

"Hit it." 

"I don't know if we'll make it on time to your grandma's surprise."

"No! Really?"

"Brian has to go to the dentist. My mother is sending me to help in the church. But Dave is free. He said maybe you could just do a duet instead of the whole band." Emma had a frown on her face. "I'm sorry. I know that's not what you planned." 

What Emma planned was to play a song with the band to her grandma as they arrived home from the Grand Tour. In her mind, it was the perfect opportunity to share this side of her with Emily. In her mind, it was perfect.  

"Don't apologize. It's fine. Can you tell Dave to be at my place around 3pm and prepare the things?" 

"Yes, of course."

"Okay, thanks." The girls turned their attention to the sound of the two voices in the store.

"That's mid-19th century. Done with the finest wood." It was Mrs. Kim severe voice.

"Is it missing an inlay?" And Emily's sharp voice too.

"No!" That felt like an insult to Lane's mother.

"I though it was missing an inlay." 

"It's in perfect condition." It was a very defensive affirmation.

"How much?"

"3500$ for the pair."

"You must be joking."

"No, no joke."

"They're nice, but they're not that nice." I love when Emily accentuates a few specific words. 

"Not a better pair on the East Coast."

"2000$." She makes a offer.

"You're from Hartford?"

"Yes."

"Huh."

"It hardly matters where I'm from. I know these pieces are overpriced."

"Look on the bottom."

"They're not signed."

"Look on the bottom."