I Know

Elena's pov

I woke up feeling anxious. I hopped out of bed and dragged myself over to my wardrobe. I chose a white tank top, a red cardigan, skinny jeans and a pair of flats. I did my hair, my make up and brushed my teeth.

Breakfast went by slower than usual. It must be because I'm so anxious and scared of what his reaction will be when I tell him.

Damon's pov

I woke up feeling nervous. Today was the day. I pulled a dark blue shirt over my head and put a pair of black jeans on then my sneakers. I put my hair the way I liked it and made my way to the bathroom to brush my teeth.

I didn't talk to anyone in the house when I went downstairs. When the clock hit seven I jumped up off the couch and made my way to the front door. "Good luck for today Damon."

"Thanks Jordan" I flashed her a quick smile and walked out the door. I got into my 1967 Chevrolet Impala and put the keys in the ignition Asia 'Heat of the moment' was playing. I pulled out of the driveway and headed to the shop a couple blocks away. I thought i'd grab us some donuts before I picked her up.

After I had been to the shop I headed off to Elena's house. The dashboard showed the time as 7:25. It will only take me five minutes to get to hers, so I set off towards her house. It was exactly 7:30 when I pulled up outside her house and beeped the horn letting her know I was here. It was time. Time to tell her the truth.

Elena'a pov

At exactly 7:30 I heard a car horn beep outside. He was here. It was time. Time to tell him the truth.

I got up of the couch and walked to the door. "Good luck munchkin"

"Thanks daddy" I gave him a quick smile and walked out of the door to his car and climbed in. This is it.

Damon's pov

She looked beautiful again today. She climbed into the car next to me. This is it.

"Elena. We need to talk." she looked at me with confusion written all over her face.

"Okay"

I drove away from her house and looked at her from the corner of my eye. "I need to tell you something" she simply nodded at my words.

"Elena. Do you believe in true love? In soul mates? The fact that two people are meant to be together?"

"Yesterday I would've said no but now I believe. So yes I do believe in soul mates and the fact that two people are meant to be together because it's Gods will"

"I'm glad you said that Elena. Do you believe in vampires?"

"Yes"

"Good."

Elena's pov

Oh my God. He knows. He knows we're soul mates.

Damon's pov

"Elena. Im a v...vampire and you, you are my soul mate" I looked into her eyes so she knew I was telling the truth.

"I know"

"What?! How?!"

"My parents. They're soul mates. They told me everything last night." she sounded calm about the whole situation.

"Oh. Well I guess that makes it easier for me" she giggled. It was like bells chiming. Her laugh was extrodinary.

After a few minutes of silence I pulled the bag off the dashboard "Donut?"

"Thanks" she took one out of the bag and started to eat it. I couldn't help but look.

"What?" she had caught me watching.

"Just wondering how Lindsay is going to react when she meets you."

"Oh. Uh. Well I hope she likes me."

"Oh trust me she will love you, after the way she reacted last night when I told her about you I think the two of you are going to get along just fine"

My phone started to vibrate in my pocket, I pulled it out and looked at the screen. I laughed a little at the text.

"What's so funny?" she arched her eyebrow at me.

"Lindsay. She's getting impatient. Shes at school now waiting for us. She can't wait to meet you."

She giggled a little at the text. We pulled up in the school parking lot and I got out of the car first and walked round to the passenger side to hold her door open for her. She smiled politely.

I noticed a few people staring at us. "Elena. Why are they staring?" i whispered quietly into her ear. I watched her look up at the people looking in our direction.

"Probably because youre the mysterious new guy and we rode to school together and the fact that ive never had a boyfriend" she whispered back at me.

"What?! Why?!" I was shocked that a beautiful girl like her had never had a boyfriend.

"Never had the time, and I've never found someone who I really like" I nodded my head understanding.

I gently slid my fingers through hers and surprisingly she didn't pull back, she just smiled at me. As we walked over to the school building noticed people's gazes following us but i didn't care because Elena hadn't freaked out when I told her I'm a vampire or that we are soulmates.