Chapter 7: Blue Shell

I lightly place an ice pack on Mario's face as he groaned. As soon as we got up to the King's hut, Mario's cat suit wore off. I was a little disappointed with that, but oh well. So far nothing of Mario was broken, a miracle he didn't die. But impressive.

"That was incredible!! He kept-Beating you senseless and you just kept getting back up??" I say, feeling so pumped up as bounced lightly in my feet, "You just don't know when to quit!!" I smile

"Huh...Well, never thought of that as a good thing..." Mario said sheepishly as he held the ice pack against his face.

"It's a GREAT thing!! I'm honestly so-in awe!! You really are special Mario." I say sincerely and Mario's eyes soften, a dorky smile appearing on his face.

"Thanks..." He paused before looking me in my e/c eyes, "I-"

"I LET HIM WIN!! Just for the record!!" Dk said as he suddenly threw his door open, trying to justify his loss.

"Really though? Why would you do that?" Mario asked rhetorically as he turned around, leaning sassily against the wooden fence.

"You wanna know why? It's- MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS, THATS WHY!!" Dk raged as he threw a nearby barrel at Mario. I squeal as I duck down, the barrel missing my head barely by an inch. Mario glared at Dk, handing me his ice pack, rolling up his sleeves with clenched fists.

"Alright you giant monkey-"

"ENOUGH!! Get inside!!" Cranky King intervened with his cane, sick and tired of the two's bullshit. Not wanting to piss him off, the two backed off each other, and we all headed into the hut.

Dk climbed up his hammock, laying there lazily as I walked up to the map where Cranky king began to point.

"We've located Bowser's Ship. He's gonna arrive at the Mushroom Kingdom by Sundown. Lucky for you guys, I got a shortcut." Cranky king smirked pointing on the map.

"We beat him there, and AMBUSH HIM!!" I said, getting super happy to finally rid of Bowser after years of constant attacks and pointless battles.

"Yeah, I know." Cranky Kong said with a deadpan, before smirking again, "That's why, we're gonna need karts!!"

"Karts?" Toad popped in the conversation

"Yes. Karts." Cranky Kong said blankly, "The things we've been driving? Not that hard squishy."

"Squishy?!" Toad gasped in offense and I just pat his head.

"Cool it Toad. Come on, let's go get some karts." I giggle as I make my out the door, Mario holding the door open for us to pass. Well...besides Dk...he let the door close on him...

"So, What are you gonna do when you get your brother back?" I ask Mario, falling behind the others just to talk to him. His blue eyes widen for a moment at the question and looked away.

"Well...It's kind of stupid..." he said rubbing his neck.

"Nonsense." I said, encouraging him to speak. He looked back at me, before sighing.

"So...My brother and I had this...dream. We've always known how to fix things, and we wanted to something to show the world that- Hey look at us!! We're not useless and we're gonna make our stand!!" Mario said, an enthusiastic smile etching on his face.

"And what was that dream?" I ask with a questioning smile, I enjoy how his eyes light up talking about his dreams. It was cute.

"Our own Plumbing Business!! We spent years of saving up just to get a commercial for us to start out. But it was worth it." He said with a little laugh, before frowning. "At least we- No, I did...until reality hit me...no one's ever gonna take us seriously...we're always- IM always gonna be, just a joke..."