Chapter 1: Arrival

A young toddler was seen walking through a pipe, cautiously touching the grass with their bare feet. They looked around in wonder as these big mushrooms were all over the place.

Rustling was suddenly heard and the young baby flinched back, clutching on their f/c teddy bear. But they tilted their head as some sort of...mushroom people came up to them.

A green toad looked at they strange child, they have never seen someone like this before. Seeing as the baby was lost, the green toad took a leap of faith and came closer the baby.

The child tilted their head at the toad, before taking their pacifier and sticking it into his mouth, giggling at the way he looked. The child then jumped into his arms, hugging him with the feeling of being safe.

"Guys!! This thing is hugging me?! What do I do?!" The green toad called out to the other toads as they rushed over. But they all awed and gushed at the tiny child's sleepy eyes that dropped down.

"I think it's a baby...? What are they doing out here by themselves??" A yellow toad asked saddened

"Maybe they got lost?" A blue toad offered as a solution, but again, this wasn't something they've seen before. What even is it?

"Well either way!! We should take them in!! We can't just leave the poor baby to die..." A pink toadette said, and all the other toads agreed wholeheartedly.

The green toad looked at the now sleeping toddler in his arms, a smile playing on his lips.

"What should we call them??" He asked all the other toads and they hummed.

"Sparky!!"

"No!! That's a stupid name!!"

"What about...ehhh...Toadalia...?"

"They're not a toad!!"

The toads then began to bicker and argue as they couldn't pick a name to chose for their new family member. The baby in the green toad's arm whined at the loud sound, making the green toad panic. That wasn't until the elder toad came by, taking the baby in his arms, looking a them.

The child stopped whining and giggled as they squished his face in their hands, eyes still droopy, as their gummy smile widen.

"Y/n. I think Y/n suits them." The elder toad says, causing the other toads to pause before agreeing.

"Oh yeah that's perfect!!"

"Why didn't I think about that?!"

"I still think Sparky is better..."

The baby, Know named Y/n, smiled in their sleep as they cuddled up to the elder toad. He brushed their h/c hair out of their face, feeling completely in awe of the child.

"Let us go. Back to the kingdom where it is safe..." Elder toad says, walking with Y/n in his hands. He looked down, a sense of pride swelling in his tiny chest.

"You shall have a bright future Y/n..."

And what a future it was.

Years past with Y/n being raised by the toads. They learned everything from them, fishing, history, and most importantly, training. They were very smart, and chose to not make any mistakes.

Growing up in the mushroom kingdom has taught them so many wonderful things. How to be independent, defense strategies, and even some fighting skills.

Sure, every so often they would question where they came from. But they knew where they belonged, and wouldn't trade it for the world...

Y/n grew to be a confident, strong adult.

And eventually.

The toads crowned them their Ruler.