Part 8: The Weapon

As OJ unlocked the door for the first time in a long while, he pushed it open slowly, squinting at the light. Fuck, it's morning. He should've checked.

"You really need to be more prepared for this stuff, don't you, OJ?" Vellum teased him, laughing. OJ shushed him quickly.
"Shh! Someone could hear you!"
He rushed down the hall, catching glimpses of some of his residents. Bomb, Tissues, Clover, Cheesy, Salt.. eugh, Salt. He went a bit quicker.

Once he reached the storage closet, he sighed in relief, opening the door and picking up the axe that lay on the 3rd shelf. As soon as he closed the door, he heard a.. familiar voice from behind him.

"OJ? Whatever are you doing? We all thought you were dead.."

He turned around and saw one of the hotel's newer residents, Candle. She stared at him, unmoving. OJ started to breathe heavily. Shit- she's going to tell everyone! She'll tell Paper! His plan, everything, it'll all go to waste!!

"Hello? OJ? What are you- Why do you have an axe?"

He stepped forward.

"Please answer me. You don't look well."

He stepped forward. She stepped back.

"Are you even there-?"

He raised the axe above his head. She stared in horror.

"W-"

CRACK.

He stared at the horrifying mess of purple and red in front of him. Her blood was strewn all around her, her face simply showing an expression of dread. She didn't even get time to react.. What a horrid shame. He started dragging the axe to his office, not caring about the velvet stains on the wall.

"OJ, did you really just do that-? I didn't think you had it in you, hun!~ Soon, you'll-"

"I didn't ask for your input, Vellum."

He shivered, giggling quietly. "Right-o!"

He walked back to his office, closing and locking it with a quiet "crack."

Tonight is gonna be fun.