What are friends for

The pounding sound from the headache that bruised Jessica's brain would not stop.
Rubbing her temples, trying to sooth the pain, hoping the advil pills would quickly kick in.

Masons been calling all night, straight into the morning. But her mind was made up. She knew nothing good would come out of whatever it was they were trying to have.

So she did the next best thing, block and delete his number. The only way to get over someone is to get under someone else, but her mind wasn't even interested in being with anyone. So, removing him was the next best thing.

Although, she would technically still see him at the center seeing that he's one of the biggest donors there. So he's technically her boss in a way. His donations pays her salary. So it's no way she could really avoid him.

Quickly brushing her teeth, gurgling some mouthwash and drying her hands. She threw on the closest thing she could find which was a wrinkled white T- shirt and her burgundy scrubs.

She definitely needed to wash this week. She only had two clean panties and a thong left.
Spotting a scroungy on her vanity, she threw her hair into a ponytail, added some mascara to her lashes, some lip gloss and body spray.

"Auntie J" Liam knocked on her door, waiting for permission to come in.

"It's open"

"Hey, I wanted to ask if Shay can come over later?"

"Shayla? You guys friends again?"

"We never stopped being friends" he said, sitting on his aunts bed.

"Oh really? Because I could vividly remember someone telling me 'don't ever mention her name again'."

"About that..." he twisted his lips to the side.

"Exactly. And you know the answer is yes. I always loved her, but somebody got a girlfriend and started treating his best friend terrible and that was wrong of you"

"I know I know, I learned my lesson"

"Well good. Once her mom knows she's coming over, it's fine"

"Yeah she's picking us up this afternoon"

"What about book club?" She asked while looking for her earrings.

"It's Cancelled because of the weather, it's supposed to rain heavily today"

"Okay well text me when you reach home, there's food in the fridge and I'll leave $50 incase I run a bit late. You can order pizza or Chinese"

"Thanks auntie"

"You're welcome"

He hopped off the high bed, leaving her to finish get ready.

With one last look in the mirror and an awkward smile, she sighed, turning her half smile into a frown.

'The sooner I leave, the sooner the day can begin and the quicker it can end'.

**************************

"Good Morningggg"

Jess turned around smiling at the all too familiar voice in the lobby. It was Nyla.

"Nyla !! What the hell are you doing here?" She pulled her in for a tight hug. Probably a bit too tight. Especially seeing now that Nyla was really showing.

"Are you trying to squeeze this baby out of me" she said jokingly making them laugh.

"Girl ! I've missed you !!"