CHAPTER 1

☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-

4 hours
4 hours of diving, 4 hours of her mom's crys, 4 hours away from....Him. It was the longest 4 hours of her live, leaning against the backseat door and watching the rain go down from the outside of the car, well what she can see from the night sky. The younger two were already fast asleep while her mom focused on the road, they never drove this far before "Mom?" her stomach was already giving her a strange feeling "yeah, honey?" her mom slightly turn her head, dry eyeliner was staining her brown cheeks, her diamond blue eyes sort of wet from crying " I don't really feel good..." Nola cross her arms against her stomach "...Are you feeling like throwing up?'' her mom's eye widen as she slow down the car as she saw Nola nod, her mom quickly grab her potato chip bag and gave it to Nola. Nola was done throwing up, she still felt bad for throwing up in her mom's chip bag as her mom stop by the side of the road "Just open the door, drop the bag and close the door as quickly as possible, alright?" she turn around and look at nola as she nodded, she quickly open the door and did the rest of what her mom tell her. They drive away as the sun start to rise as they drive pass a sign "Welcome to Derry Maine" her mom smile sweetly "Hey Nola, ain't this going to be fun? Derry looks like a nice town to live." she look at the out the window, hoping to lift Nola sprits up a bit "Derry kinda sounds like a rip off of dairy queen." Nola keep looking out the window, it mainly look like a normal town to her.A normal town, that looks like where it was mainly meant for lonely single adults go and drink while gambling their lives away in a attempt of getting rich "hmmm, I guess you're kinda right." Nola's mom stop at a house at a corner of a block, the house was with a front yard porch, it still looked old but it was like aging wine; it may look old but it had a beautiful taste while aging but instead of taste it was looks. It was probably a two-story house unless it had a basement, then it’s probably a three-story house “NaNa!” she snaped out of her thoughts and looked down to see a struggling three year old, trying to get out of car seat, she kinda look like Nola but lighter with more visible freckles covering her face paired with a pretty mix of brown and blue eyes like middle child. They were His, Nola got her out and sat her down to the ground “Nola, make sure that you close the trunk of the car” Her mom and the second youngest went up the steps as Nola turn and close the trunk “Now, come on astr-Astra!!” In seconds of being non look at, the two year old was already half way down the block, just living life but for Nola…it was probably the last time her mom would trust her with Astra, luckily she was only walking at a regular toddler paced as Nola began to speed walk up to Astra “Wanna get a look around huh? okay, hold sissy’s hand” Nola hold out her hand and began to walk to with Astra holding her hand. It was a great chance to look around derry while keeping a eye, the market was okay, there was a strip mall but the main thing that Astra saw “Vroom, Vroom!” chubby little fingers point at the blue Trans-Am that set near the theater “That’s a nice car, we should heading home now.” as Nola was walking back with Astra, a car engine could be heard behind them “Vroom! Vroom!” Nola look behind her “Wha-oh shit!!!” The trans came closer, Nola bolted out the way Astra in her arms with the cars being only a few inches from hitting them, making her land with a thump  “HEY!!! Watch where you’re driving!!” The Trans just drove by as they kept driving, snickering. Nola got up brushing off some of the dirt of her navy raw hem shorts leading her to do the same on her knees, turning around to Astra just looking at a store window “Astra.” Nola kneel down to brush down the Astra outfit, mostly looking behind the bow around her waist, also looking around making sure that there isn’t a stain on the dress’s white strips “Okay, let’s head back to mama.”
Walking back home was normal, letting Astra walk freely while making sure there won’t be Astra’s toddler corpse won’t be splat across the street. It was calm, just little noises of birds,the wind lightly blowing as it was silent and the sound of a car engine, agian? “Vroom! Vroom! Vroom! Vroom!” Looking behind her, there was the same Blue trans was coming towards. A heavy built, round boy with a baseball cap “Hey, there sweetheart” He lead towards her, Nola just kept walking with Astra “Aww, come on sweetheart. Don’t ignore me." as he slowly drive by her while she walked “How about when you stop attempting to run over littles kids before yo ass start talking to me.” They just stand there in silents “Vroom!” Nola just kept looking at him with a hand on hip with the other was holding Astra’s, the silents was loud between them “Well, it was so nice meeting you but we need to get going.” Nola started walking, holding Astra’s hand as she walked, as Astra just kept chanting, leaving him there. It’s was not wroth talking to him with there being more important things to at home, one of them being getting Astra ready and feed for bed. That’s all that matter now…Just for now.
Getting home was really easy at that the end. dinner was fine, putting the Astra to bed was merely a bit difficult but it was fine. Nola started to heading up the fin stairs and head to the bathroom, pulling a zip lock bag from her Black and white handbag. It was nothing interesting, nothing was interesting about brushing teeth, but what was interesting seeing the neighbor and who they are. The house was from the west of them, it look like a farm but then again it might some lonely cat lady just wanting to be alone but still it’s better to know your neighbor then not knowing them at all (Well in the words of Nola)
Maybe Tomorrow she could make them some cupcakes and introduce herself, just to make things friendly between them. Spitting out the toothpaste and washing off her mouth, Nola slowly walk towards her new room.
 Tomorrow might be a good start.