“I knew it! She is the one! Forget all about your past, Krishna. When god takes away something, it is only to send better things your way. God had decided that Damayanthi was the right one for you. Try to accept it and get on with your life.” Mithu spoke his heart.

The light heart Krishna had so far just dissolved in sorrow in seconds. All his happiness suddenly felt wrong to him, and he got back to his shell again with the hard facade. Though Mithu felt bad for him, he also realized that this was an unavoidable hurdle in his life. This temporary happiness is not what he wants for his friend. To reach his happily ever after, Krishna should not forget about Meera. He should get over her. He had full trust in Damayanthi. If she could make him forget Meera in just one day and bring a mischievous smile to his heart and lips, she could definitely help him get over Meera, too!
***

Krishna’s memory took him back to his school days.

“Dei, I think she is in love!” Mithu told Krishna after Meera went crying. Krishna was the one who scolded her because of her very bad marks. They were in their 12th grade, and it was their first revision exam.

“Love ah?” Krishna’s jaw dropped to the floor. He felt a tinge of pain in his heart, but he decided not to ponder upon it.

“Yes!”

“Is it all necessary at this age? Who is he?” He asked him in anger. Mithu slapped his head hard and looked at him.

“She is in love with you, idiot,” Mithu said.

“What?” This time, Krishna felt weird happiness but pity at the same time.

“Yes, I think she is in love with you. That was why she distanced herself from you.”

“What should we do now?” Krishna asked Mithu, unable to comprehend anything. He could not understand his own feelings, but he knew that love is something very distracting and he can never afford it. For him to win the hurdles in his life, he must always win. Losing is never an option for him.

“Talk to her. Tell her that you have no idea like that. Make her concentrate on her studies.” Mithu advised as a good friend. Though Krishna had feelings for her, he agreed to what Mithu said and got ready to talk to her.

“Meera, are you in love with me?” Krishna asked her straight without any hesitation. Meera’s eyes held pure shock.

“Mmm!” She nodded her head in a yes. Her eyes welled up, and he looked at her with pity. All his heart wanted to tell her he had feelings for her too, but he held himself back. He had seen what love could do in Meera. He didn't want to fail his exams. He didn't want to fall into the trap of emotions and bodily urges.

“This is not right, Meera. You are a very good girl. You are lagging in your studies because of this silly feeling. It is not good for your future, Meera. Study well keeping all your feelings aside. Get a good score in the 12th exams. We will talk about this after our exams.” He talked to her. He wanted to deny her straight, but her teary eyes disturbed him. He thought of motivating her for her exams. He was afraid that if he denied it now, she would make some wrong decisions. That was how much she has changed now.

“Will you accept my proposal if I get a good score in the 12th exams?” She asked him with twinkling eyes.

“We will definitely talk about this soon.” He promised her. That was the motivation she wanted from him. She studied like a monster. She became her old self. She put up a challenge for him, and they all had very good scores. Krishna was state-first!

Days rolled by, and they all joined the same engineering college. Krishna thought that she would be over her feelings by now, but no! Meera was a strong head. She liked Krishna! She liked him for who he was. Something in him made her fall head over heels for him. Krishna tried talking to her like usual, but Meera was not having it.

“Krish! Krish, stop, you haven't replied to me yet!” Meera stopped him while he was going to campus.

“People are looking, Meera. What is this?” He asked her, trying to hold his facade. Even though he wanted to deny his feelings, it was LOVE! He could not contain it anymore. Meera’s beauty, her talkativeness, her love for him, her stubbornness, everything was shattering his self-control.

“You said you will accept my proposal if I get good marks.”

“I said we would talk about it.”

“Then let's talk.”

“Meera, don't distract yourself.”

“Krish, look at me.” She stood in front of him. “I love you! This feeling I get when I see you when I am with you when I think of you is divine. You are my man. Think about it. I love you.” She raised her tippy toes and kissed him on his cheek before he could realize what was happening and ran away. His first kiss! Her first kiss! He felt like a feather. The magic of love and hormones pulled him into a whirlwind.

Krish could not deny his feelings anymore. He likes her. She is the only girl with whom he developed a long-term relationship. He loves being with her.

“I don't know what to do, Mithu.” Krishna rambled on.

“Love is a feeling, Krishna. If you don't feel it, then it is not there. You can not force it. Talk to her and make her understand.” Mithu told him, thinking that he had no feelings for Meera. Mithu had known Krishna for a long time now. He knows his family situation and how he works on every vacation instead of being happy and playful. He knew his responsibility and ambition. He thought he would never fall in love.

“But…” Krishna couldn't open up his heart to Mithu. When love came in, in came deception along with lies!

“You know your goal. You are running towards it. Think about your mom, Krish. Think about all your relatives who backstabbed her. Your only goal should be winning this life and making them all want you back. This love will pull you back from your goals.” Mithu said as a matter of factly. The truth in his talk burnt Krishna.

“I… I like her, Mithu.” He said, gathering all the courage.

“I like her too.”

“Pch, Mithu!”

“Like is different from love! You will know it is love when your feelings are out of control. Your heart would leap in joy, and you would admire everything from the person you fall in love with. This is friendship. Make her understand.”

“But Meera is in love with me. She has all these feelings you said now towards me. I…”

“That is called one-sided love.” Mithu was quick. As far as he had seen the chemistry between Meera and Krishna, he felt only friendship, and besides, he is not a fan of Meera. He still thought that she had come in between him and Krishna.

“I am in love with her too, Mithu. I held myself back for all the reasons that you told me right now. But at the same time, I can not hurt her anymore. She is so stubborn and adamant. I don't think I can keep this act of denying her anymore.” Krishna told him that hurt Mithu.

“So you have been in love with her and decided to keep it under the sheets?”

“Please, Mithu. I thought it would not work out, but now I think I can manage my goals and life. I never wanted to hide my feelings from  you, Mithu,” he said in efforts to compromise his angry friend.

“Krishna, if you think this is the right choice, then go ahead. ” Mithran told him.

That is how Krishna accepted Meera’s proposal. Meera was on cloud nine. She poured her love on him. She made him feel special. She did everything in regards to him. There was never a day in her life then that went without talking to him. Krishna loved her back with all his heart. He showered her with his love and his time. He introduced her to Kowsalya. Kowsalya literally liked Meera.

Meera was a shy girl. She was really a mature girl for her age. She was a very beautiful girl. Thin like cinema stars with beautiful curves. Any outfit suited her like it was made for her. Since her roots were from Hyderabad, she was on the trendy side. But never once did her dress make Krishna uncomfortable. She behaved respectfully and lovingly to his mother, and that was all he wanted in his life partner. Kowsalya agreed to their wedding without much of a fuss. Everything went well until that dreadful day!