iv. real life.

real life !

real life !

CHRISTIAN WALKER had only hung up the phone, because his mother had entered the house, carrying a bag of groceries in her right hand, and a loose smile on her pale skin. "Chris, would you help me out, please?" She kindly asked, sitting down the first bag on the counter.

He nodded at the older woman, walking towards his front door, where he had slipped on his slides and ran outside, the summer heat in Missouri was unbearable, but it was sometimes peaceful, and that was the case for the evening.

"Christian, are you gonna get the groceries, or are you just going to stand there and daydream?" His sister, Penelope had asked, staring out the front door at her older brother, who just stood in the long driveway, looking at the sky above himself.

He didn't respond, just turning on his heels, and opening the trunk of the white car. It only took one trip, before everything was inside of the house, and he'd been back in the kitchen sulking over his mistake when hanging up the phone on the blonde pop star.

She would probably never speak to him again after that, he had thought.

"What are you over there thinking about, honey?" His mother softly, asked, stepping in front of her son, who completely towered over her 5'5 frame.

Christian once again, did not feel like talking to anyone, he had just shook his head at the woman, indicating that he was fine at that moment, taking a beer from the refrigerator and walking outback.

She would never speak to him again, he had randomly hung up on her in the middle of their conversation, without any explanation, and he still hadn't texted her to let her know the reason why.

Christian carefully removed his cell phone from his shorts pocket, went to his call log, and pressed down on her phone number, which he needed to save. A sudden panic rushed throughout his body, and with the phone ringing, his attention found itself staring at the bright blue pool water.

"Hi." She kindly spoke, thanking god that he had finally called her back, after what had felt like forever.

Christian felt completely calm in that moment, still of course beating himself up over the incident of hanging up on her without any explanation. "I'm sorry, I hung up on you, my mom had come back, and she would've asked 30 thousand questions." He spoke, leaning back on the lounge chair, that was awkwardly placed very close to the pool.

Taylor had smiled once again at his apologies, finding herself nearly obsessed with the way his voice had sounded. "It's okay, I understand." She lied, no she didn't understand, nor was it okay, but not for hanging up on her, that part she didn't care anything about, but for making her feel the way she did about him in that moment.