chapter six

stop staring at me

choi luna

"have no fear, the visuals just arrived!" i shout, walking into chan's house, flirtatiously pulling hyunjin in by his shirt collar. chan, who opened the door for us rolls his eyes. "i thought this was a party, where is everyone?" i frown, scanning the room only seeing six other boys sat on chan's couch.

"we are early, love." hyunjin says, plopping his chin on top of my head. i shrug, still looking at the boys on the couch.

"why are you all looking at me like that?" i furrow my brows.

"i guess your date went well." minho teases. that's when i noticed all their eyes on my collar bone.

"actually these are from him." i say, nonchalantly poking hyunjin's arm. "i had to reschedule the date, i woke up too late." i frown. all the guys roll their eyes at me.

"guys get this," chan starts, "luna thinks this guy inviting her to have ramen at his place isn't a booty call." he laughs.

"what? luna, you're not that dense!" seungmin snorts.

"guys, seriously?" i groan, crossing my arms angrily as they all laugh.

"we tried telling her, she's very set on going on this date though." minho laughs.

"better hope those clear up before you see him." changbin says, giggling.

"you guys are terrible..." i roll my eyes before plopping on the couch, as far away from all of them as i can be.

"awww luna, don't start sulking." jisung pouts, puffing out his cheeks.

"why don't you try to meet someone tonight, you know in person, since no one in south korea is on tinder to find their true love." jeongin says.

"yeah cause the people at bang chan's party are going to be looking for their true love." i reply sarcastically, earning a laugh from the group.

"you never know." felix adds. hyunjin sits next to me, opening his phone and scrolling through twitter as usual.

"even so, no one's going to approach me with these marks." i pout.

"why don't you switch the sweater to hang off the other shoulder?" chan suggests.

"there's even more on that side." hyunjin answers for me, smirking, but not looking away from his phone.

"way to cock-block, hyunjin." seungmin jokes.

"it's not cock-blocking, i would still fuck her." jeongin says, causing all of our heads to snap in his direction.

"baby bread!" i gasp, dramatically placing my hand over my heart. chan copying my motions.

"i'm literally a year older than you, luna." he rolls his eyes playfully.

"okay! let's stop talking about fucking my best friend!" hyunjin says, laughing.

"alright well, if you guys want to help, i'm going to start setting things up, people will start arriving soon." chan says, walking off into his kitchen. jisung and seungmin follow him to help with drinks. changbin and jeongin go to set up the music for the night. felix and minho shrug, staying on the couch, deciding not to help. i laugh at them before getting up to follow changbin and jeongin.

"where are you going?" hyunjin asks.

"to help changbin and jeongin." i respond. he nods, looking back down to his phone, deciding to stay with felix and minho.

-

"what's this one do?" i ask, pressing the button on the soundboard causing a loud noise to echo through the house. i cover my ears, shocked by the echo. jeongin laughs.

"how about you stop pressing buttons." he takes my hands away from the soundboard as he continues to connect various wires.

"well i want to help." i tell him. he shakes his head at me.

"okay plug this into the aux then." he says, handing me a wire. i smile, taking it from him and looking down at the speaker in front of me. i awkwardly turn it around, looking for where on earth this cord could go. jeongin laughs, turning the speaker back around to its original position. "it's right here." he points, i turn bright red, noticing that it was at the very top and quite obvious.

"i knew that..." i say, shoving the cord into the hole. he reaches out to ruffle my hair. "hey! don't mess up my hair! the party hasn't even started!" i scold, slapping his hand away. he chuckles.

"so i can mess it up when the party starts?" he flirts. my mouth forms an o-shape, taken aback by his sudden boldness. "i'm joking, relax." he adds, i turn an even darker shade of red.

"stop flirting and hook up the damn wires!" changbin scolds.

"who's flirting?" hyunjin's voice causes us to jolt our heads away from the speakers.

"jeongin and luna, barf." changbin jokes, causing jeongin and i to giggle, hyunjin rolls his eyes.

"well i need your help luna, will you come with me for a second?" he asks, an unreadable expression on his face.

"yeah sure, i'll be right back, jeongin." i pat him on the shoulder as i stand up and walk over to hyunjin. "what are we doing?" i ask.

"chan asked me to lock all the upstairs rooms, i didn't want to do it alone." he says, handing me a key.

"damn, no hook-ups i guess." i joke, but hyunjin doesn't laugh. "what's wrong?" i ask, immediately sensing how off he's acting.

"hm? nothing." he says, walking up the staircase ahead of me.

"hwang hyunjin! you know you can't lie to me!" i yell, running up behind him. once we reach the top, in the blink of an eye, he pushes me against the wall, both of his hands on either side of my head. "hyunjin..." i breathe out, completely shocked. he leans down, though my boots gave me a few inches, i still wasn't as tall as him. he hungrily attaches his lips to mine, i immediately respond, kissing him back.

he swipes his tongue across my lower lip, causing me to open slightly, allowing his tongue to explore more of my mouth. i moan into the kiss as he presses his knee between my legs. nearly making me forget why we were up here to begin with. without breaking the kiss, he opens up one of the bedroom doors next to us, pulling me off the wall and pushing me into the room. he quickly shuts the door and walks me to the bed.

i lay down as he crawls on top of me, reuniting our lips once more. my breathing now unsteady as my heart races at an abnormal rate. he breaks the kiss, attaching his lips to my jaw, trailing down to my neck and sucking on a few spots, probably leaving more marks. my breathe hitches, feeling his tongue work it's magic over my skin. though this wasn't nearly the first time, it never felt any less than euphoric.

"mine..." he growls, pulling my sweater down slightly, leaving more sloppy kisses.

"w-what?" i breathe out, my brain felt completely fuzzy at the sudden intimacy. he removes his lips from my skin, causing me to whine slightly at the lack of contact.

"mine." he repeats, more sternly this time. and with that, he climbs off of me and leaves the room. leaving me a heavy-breathing, confused mess in one of chan's guest rooms.