Chapter Three: The Burrow

Dear Ori,

I hope this letter finds you well. I think it's odd how everyone always starts their letters off like this, as if the letter was ever lost to begin with, and not something we send out with intention. But it'll do for now until I find a better greeting to say.

Things have been quiet for me at home, which is just the way I like it. I visited my island today and foraged some shells for you. I hope the sand dollars stay put together. They can be rather fickle in transport. And as I'm sure you've noticed, my owl is a bit of a dunce, which certainly doesn't help. Let me know if they come damaged, I'll take care to pack them better next time.

Anyway, I've heard the World Cup is coming up some time this week. Calista's already sent me twenty letters going bonkers about you going with Diggory. I should remind you to please send her letters after the event. Personally, I don't want to deal with the headache of her trying to rip your arm off about it when we get to Hogwarts.

This will probably be the last letter I send for some time. I imagine you'll be busy with the quidditch match and all, and we should be seeing one another later this week anyway. Thank you for keeping me company over the holiday. I can't wait to see you again.

Sincerely,

Charlie

Charlotte Hawthorne's letter had arrived the day before, but Oriane couldn't help but catch herself looking at it over and over again. The shells she had handpicked were beautiful, and fortunately stayed in good condition, despite her owl's plunder. She had taken the liberty of lining them up against the photos on the mantle. They looked out of place, being a fair distance from the beach, yet Oriane thought their sandy browns went perfect with the rest of the interior.

However, despite the fact that it was her first time ever seeing a seashell in person, there was something far more interesting that Charlotte had sent; something she hadn't mentioned in her letter.

A small piece of parchment was included as a gift along with the shells. It was a drawing that Oriane could only assume Charlotte had done herself. Graphite coated the paper as a beautiful scene of an ocean was depicted. Despite the fact there was no color, the sun seemed to reflect so brightly against the dark color of the waves. Off in the distance a small island peeked out of the water, where tufts of grass poked out of the sand. Soft and fluffy clouds floated in the skyline. She had gotten every detail so perfect it was almost as if it were a black and white photo.

The chiming of the clock interrupted Oriane's viewing, forcing her eyes away from the drawing and onto the time. Five o'clock, the time Molly Weasley said she would arrive at the cottage.

The girl rushed off down the hallway and into her room to store away the letter from her friend. Once the letter was carefully placed on her dresser, she turned her attention to her bed. Her large, dark brown school trunk weighed the mattress down heavily as it stored everything she would need for her upcoming year at Hogwarts. Next to her trunk was a small, green pack full of clothes to last her for the few days she would be spending with the Weasleys.

Hoisting the items into her hands, she began to rush down the hallway once more, stopping once she reached the living room. Her attention returned back to the clock, which at that point read two past five. Yet the very moment the minute hand moved to three minutes, a roaring sound began to echo in the fireplace behind her.

Green flames lit the room as a woman exited the fireplace. She was a plump woman, with the Weasley's signature red hair. Once the flames were extinguished, the woman gave her a warm and bright smile.