Julia

Yesterday, besides cuddling and kissing, we didn't do much. I would have loved to talk to Sem yesterday, but he was really exhausted when I picked him up at school. He didn't even have the energy to tell me what he's been up to this week at camp. I could tell by looking at him that he really had a good time. Kimberly and Silvia left on time for meeting this morning. Sem and I had an extensive breakfast together. Then I took him outside to talk quietly. "How was camp? Did you behave yourself a bit? ". He smiles. "Of course. What do you take me for". I shake my head with a smile. "It was really fun. We only had to cycle far every day, that was less fun. And just maybe sometimes we sneaked out at night to play pranks on others," he says with a laugh. "That's why you're so tired. It's a good thing you don't have to play football until this afternoon". Then it falls silent. I'm rubbing my hands nervously. "Are you finally dating? That's why you wanted to talk to me," Sem suddenly says enthusiastically. I look at him with a smile. "I think you could call it that, yes. Don't you mind Kimberly and mom having a relationship? ". Sem shakes his head hard. "No, I'm very happy. I had already figured it out too." I smile. "I think everyone already figured it out, except Kimberly and me". Sem also laughs. "You don't want to know how many times I laughed at you together with Silvia." I give him a little nudge. "Thanks. You could have just told mom. But don't you think it's strange that mom has a relationship with a woman? ". Sem shakes his head. "My mentor at school is married to a man. As long as you like each other and don't hurt each other, it doesn't matter if it's a man or a woman." I give him a hug when he says that.

I look at Sem seriously. "Yesterday you asked Kimberly to promise you never to hurt me. Do you know how your father treated me? ". I see his smile disappear when I ask uncertainly. I hope he never did. "He is not my father. My father would never hurt you or me." I'm shocked when he says that. "What has he done to you? ". I try to ask as calmly as possible. My hands are already shaking with anger. "My broken arm was not because I fell down the stairs, but because Twan pushed me. And my broken leg was because he kicked me and he did that quite often." Sem is in tears. I wrap him in a tight hug. I can't hold back my own tears anymore. "I'm so sorry sweetie. Why didn't you ever tell me that? ". He shrugs. "I didn't want you to know. Then you would say something to Twan and he would hurt you even more". I grab his face with both hands and look at him. "Sem, please promise me that if anyone ever hurts you again, you will say right away. Then I solve it. No one should hurt you, do you understand that? ". He nods. "But no one should hurt you either." I give him a small smile. "I know that and that will not happen again". We give each other another big hug. Not much later, Max arrives and asks Sem to help him. Which I'm happy with, because I can't contain myself anymore. I always thought I was good at hiding how Twan treated me, but apparently not well enough. I'm also really angry with myself for never realizing what he did to Sem.