𝗜𝗧 𝗕𝗘𝗚𝗜𝗡𝗦

BLOODLUST!
─ chapter 003.

TWO SOULS meeting is far from an accident

A BOW is taken, concluding the prologue. The curtains close, marking the start of a new chapter. Won't you stay for the revenge play? Welcome to the world of showbiz.

IN YOUR arms, the woman wept, pouring her emotions onto your shoulder. Despite the pain that struck your heart from her mourning, you sought humor throughout the situation. It was a small thing she cried over as nothing tragic had occurred. Things were just... a bit different now.

"Easy there, Mei-san, easy~" you laughed, your thumbs quickly moving to flick away the tears dripping down the straight woman's wrinkling skin. "Your face is so heart-wrenching that I'm gonna get emotional too."

At Mei's futile attempts to regain her professionalism through huffed, shaky breaths, a warm smile blossomed on your lips. "Ge~ez~ Out of all times you could have cried. The irony. A face you maintained during my middle school graduation, but the mere mention of a student/teacher interview has you this riled up~ ♡"

"It's not like I wished to keep my silence during your graduation, (NAME)-sama. Your mother, naturally, was present too. From start to end, she was persistent in glaring holes into my body. Though the thought of praising you was present, it's not like I had the option of doing so." Mei stared into the void before heavily sighing. "I don't understand why The Mistress dislikes me so much. I haven't done anything to harm or offend her, have I?"

Silence faded in after her discouraged declaration. You were unsure of how to answer. There could have been some truth in what she said, about your mother disliking, hating her even. Your mother was very much possessive (obsessive) and chose to draw a line between you and how much someone keeps you company. Mei often crossed those boundaries.