Gray & Asami

Gray and Asami

Gray was either gonna die or wish he was as he frantically ran around town searching for Haru. The small cat had hatched a year ago and Asami wanted to throw a party for both Haru and Happy. But since Natsu can't keep a secret, the girls decided to set up the whole thing while he kept the cats and Natsu occupied.

Everything had been going well... at least until Haru started demanding Asami's attention. She wasn't around and he tried distracting him with food which he turned away. Then he tried making things with his ice but Haru whined that he wanted Asami.

Then he had decided to try bribing Haru with his favorite candy but when he came back—Haru was gone. When he asked Natsu, the idiot merely shrugged and Gray tried to not panic as he searched around Natsu's home.

But the longer he searched, the panic grew and he started to fear Asami's reaction to Haru missing. There was no denying the strong bond that she and the small cat had. He couldn't help the feeling of envy he felt whenever he saw how Asami spoiled the cat or how she would cuddle him.

Though he pushed the feeling away as if to deny the real reason behind his envy.

Because if he didn't find Haru in time, not only was Asami going to feel worried about the missing cat but she's going to hate Gray. And that terrified him. He didn't want her to hate him. She gave him a simple job which was to keep Haru entertained and instead he lost the small cat.

Which is why he tried to desperately find the cat as he called out his name while also dragging both Natsu and Happy with him. He still had to make sure they all made it in time for the party which was in two hours.

And he couldn't show up without Haru.

He tried to think of places he could be but the small cat was nowhere to be found. He felt like every minute that ticked by, he was getting closer to losing Asami.

Meanwhile, Asami was with the girls putting up all the decorations. They had sent Erza to get the cake in order to keep her and Mirajane from picking another fight. She and Lisanna wanted this party to go as smoothly as possible. At least they hoped for it to be as smooth as possible especially with their guild members. Something always tends to go wrong in the guild.

"I think we're all done." Lisanna said as she finished guiding Macao and Wakaba in putting up the large birthday sign. The youngest Strauss sibling walked over to her friend to admire the buffet table she had set up. Erza had shown up with the cake and set it on the table.

"Yeah." Asami's eyes shined with happiness as she took in the sight of the balloons and streamers and food. She was sure Happy and Haru were gonna be so happy with their presents and the mountain of fish they got them.

Cana wrapped an arm around them both as she grinned, "So when are the birthday boy's supposed to get here?"