Chapter 9: The Unexpected Guest

Start from the beginning

"Stop it, you're scaring her."

You feel a huff from behind you. But also it feels like it's backed off a bit. You don't know what compels you, but you turn your head to catch a glimpse of the animal. The Vet part of you is in amazement, the animal, well hybrid now you assume, maybe.. Is a brilliant color, huge and powerful and majestic. An absolute sight to behold. The much more human part is absolutely scared because it's teeth are still out and even though you're fairly big, this animal is both bigger than you and a whole lot stronger than you. And uhhh, to be honest, does not seem to like you a whole lot. So, you don't really have that going for you all too much. If you're being honest.... Even if you'd rather not be.

Felix, God bless the tiny thing, just pets the Panthers head. It rolls it's eyes. And just moves it's hulking body to lie down on your couch. Letting out the most put upon sigh you had ever heard in your life.

What just happened?

Felix starts wiggling in your arms. You let him go. Absolutely bewildered as he goes to stand in front of the panther with his hands on his hips.

"Be nice! Go introduce yourself properly." Felix pouts down at the big cat.

Is this a dream? You must be dreaming right?

"You promised that if I let you in you'd try not to scare her" Let him In? You look a bit behind Felix, eyes focusing in on the open patio door. The curtains flutter in the breeze. Maybe you're losing your mind, maybe that's what's happening.

"Felix" You try, hoping to make some sense of what's happening. It's not very loud though, adrenaline starting to fade rather fast. Is the room starting to spin or is it just you?

It's like he doesn't even hear you. "Seriously you promised you'd be nice."

The voice that responds is so low you can't hear it from where you are. But whatever is said it doesn't make Felix happy.

You make it back up on your feet. Some survival instinct if you feel so awful after using it... You grab your head to help steady yourself. Felix notices and frowns.

"Y/N are you ok?"

"Yeah Felix, just a bit shocked. Are you ok?" It's silly maybe, he obviously knows who he's talking to, but just in case you want to make sure he's safe.

"Yeah." He says, a smile shining like the sun. At this point you realize you'd probably let him get away with anything. "Oh, by the way Y/N this is Changbin, Changbin this is Y/N. Sorry he scared you. I told him not to but he's not the best listener."

You look over at the couch, expecting to see the panther, but instead see a rather buff looking dude sitting rather sprawled. The offender doesn't even look over at you. Huh, well hybrid it is. At least you won't have to call the zoo, so that's a bonus.

"Seriously Felix let's just leave. I really did find a good place to go this time. I'll keep you safe and we don't have to be around humans anymore" The panther finally looks at you, the glare is deadly. You decide that this is maybe a conversation you don't need to involve yourself in.

Instead while the two argue, you are going to get a drink and a snack. You don't even know how to begin to process what just happened. So you just... Aren't going to. You have just decided it's a problem for another time. If Felix is fine and the situation seems under control everything must be ok? You guess??

Whatever is happening though can only be made better by something sweet and yummy. And maybe something comforting to drink as well. Yeah that would be good.

You open the fridge and decide what to grab while listening to the two loudly whisper in the background.

"Let's go Felix. I'm being serious this time. You shouldn't have to be around humans. All of them are horrible, they're never going to accept you so let's just go."