"Stay sharp! There are two more coming in; they're going to try to cut us off." Han said.
"Why don't you outrun them? I thought you said this thing was fast." Luke stated.
"Watch your mouth, kid, or you're going to find yourself floating home. We'll be safe enough once we make the jump to hyperspace. Besides, I know a few maneuvers. We'll lose them!"

Imperial cruisers fired at the pirate ship.
The ship shuddered as an explosion flashed outside the window.

"Here's where the fun begins!" Han exclaimed.
"How long before you can make the jump to light speed?" Ben asked.
"It'll take a few moments to get the coordinates from the navi-computer."

The ship began to rock violently as lasers hit it.

"Are you kidding? At the rate they're gaining..." Luke affirmed.
"Traveling through hyperspace isn't like dusting crops, boy! Without precise calculations we could fly right through a star or bounce too close to a supernova and that'd end your trip real quick, wouldn't it?" Han replied.

The ship was now constantly battered with laserfire as a red warning light began to flash.

"What's that flashing?" asked Luke.
"We're losing our deflector shield. Go strap yourself in, I'm going to make the jump to light speed."

The galaxy brightened and they moved faster, almost as if crashing a barrier.
Stars became streaks as the pirate ship made the jump to hyperspace.
The Millennium Falcon zoomed into infinity in less than a second.

☾☼

Alderaan loomed behind the Death Star battle station.
Admiral Motti entered the quiet control room and bowed before Governor Tarkin, who stood before the huge wall screen displaying a small green planet.

"We've entered the Alderaan system." Motti said.

Vader and two Stormtroopers entered with Princess Leia and Mary. Their hands were bound.

"Governor Tarkin, I should have expected to find you holding Vader's leash. I recognized your foul stench when I was brought on board." Leia affirmed.

Mary gave her niece a proud smile, she reminded her so much of her brother.

"Charming to the last. You don't know how hard I found it signing the order to terminate your life!" Tarkin replied.
"I surprised you had the courage to take the responsibility yourself!" Leia replied.
"Princess Leia and you, Jedi, before your execution I would like you to be my guest at a ceremony that will make this battle station operational. No star system will dare oppose the Emperor now."
"You didn't tell him, brother?! I can't die. Tarkin, but you should know, we've known each other for twenty years. I'm disappointed." Mary replied, sarcastically.

Vader remained unmoved and Tarkin replied, "Don't worry, dear Mary, we have something else in store for you."

"The more you tighten your grip, Tarkin, the more star systems will slip through your fingers."
"Not after we demonstrate the power of this station. In a way, you have determined the choice of the planet that'll be destroyed first. Since you are reluctant to provide us with the location of the Rebel base, I have chosen to test this station's destructive power... on your home planet of Alderaan."
"No! Alderaan is peaceful. We have no weapons. You can't possibly..."
"You would prefer another target? A military target? Then name the system!"

Tarkin waved menacingly toward Leia. Mary interposed between Leia and Tarkin and looked at him threatening but was grabbed by the shoulders by Vader who pulled her back in place.

"Damn you, brother!" she whispered and Vader breathed, bored of his sister's attitude.
"I grow tired of asking this. So it'll be the last time. Where is the Rebel base?"