chapter 10: mountain battle of my own

After what felt like minutes of flying in the air but what was most likely 20 seconds, I landed on the other side of the mountain. When I got up to head back, I stood and examined my surroundings.

The area around me had little fog, and also was littered with Berry bushes, kinda counter-intuitive due to demons not being able to eat anything other than human flesh. All the trees around had leaves brighter than the ones before.

After I had examined for a while, I heard my crow squawking not far away, so I called out to it and lead it to my location. Once it had arrived, it perched on my arm and started asking what to do. And then, I told it my plans.

"Go back to where the injured girl and boy slayer are and lead them over here, I fear they will get caught up again by the strings, even if the puppeteer demon was focused on using the headless purple demon. Got it?" I explained.

"CAW CAW! I UNDERSTAND COMPLETELY MADAME HINODE, ILL BE ON MY WAY NOW! CAWW!!"

And with that it flew away. Until they get here, I'll try figure out where I am. I looked around my area for a tree with thick enough branches to climb up. I didn't want to walk to far in case my crow and the other 2 got here and I was gone, and luckily I was really close to a very thick tree. After a few struggling moments of climbing the tree, I got high enough to see over most of the other trees.

'So I'm around the foot on the mountain on the north side of the mountain, but wait, we all entered via the south entrance. Does that mean the demon threw me to the other side of the mountain???? Those strings must've been strong.'

As I kept examining the area and waiting for the others to return here, I heard leaves falling behind me and felt something hit me square in the back, and the force of it sent me back to the ground, which hurt a decent amount. When I looked up I saw a small boy with two others behind him up where I had been standing. There was the smallest one up there with her hair made in a bowl cut, and the other boy had his hair neatly cut and placed on his head. The one who hit me was the tallest with clean white hair covering his left eye, and his weapon of choice seemed to be webs made into a thick whip.

All three of them had the same white as snow skin as the other boy she saw earlier, but they looked younger. All 3 also shared the same white kimono along with red dots connected by a thing navy line. The boy infrint had a look that seemed quite egotistical, while the other 2 had bored looks on. Soon, all 3 of them joined me down here and stood close together.

"Here we are, another useless slayer intruding our little garden," the oldest said.

"To think, we put so much work in to the Flora here with what little time we have in the night, these slayers step on them and make them dirty and can't grow! It hurts my feelings brothers" the young girl said.

"Calm down Go, we can fix the damage given to the garden once this filth is dead! Leave it to big brothers Mi and Tsu!" The young boy said.

"I gotta say, this garden is lovely indeed, although its rather monotonous and lacking of colour" I spoke out while drawing my sword. "And don't worry young demon girl, my breathing is heavily related to weather and nature, so I promise not to step on any flowers. And even if I do, I doubt you can stop me" I spoke, putting some venom into that last bit, this ticked off the 3 demons and the oldest charged to me with a Web whip in each hand, to which I readied a stance.

Weather breathing, 2nd form: swift cuts of acid rain"

Before he could send the whips to my head, I had already cut them into pieces along with his forearms. I kept on parrying his moves and sending out basic slashes along with that 2nd form. Soon enough He jumped out of the way to avoid any further injuries,
And jumped back towards his siblings.