Chapter 6: Maze of a Mansion

Akemi's POV:

I didn't even dare look at my own body.. I was too busy staring dumbfounded at this new guy bleeding out.. Tanjiro tried helping him out.. but the guy eventually succumbed to the wounds all over his body. He said some stuff but... everything was just white noise in my head.

'He... window.... know....hair... berries... rich.... attack... before....I became...'

My brain knew the answers to this situation.. but couldn't piece it together as my heart starting beating rapidly. Tanjiro eventually noticed my shock and came over to snap me out of it. But there I was, standing muttering only those few words 3 times quieter than a whisper. Tanjiro obviously didn't hear it, or didn't ask.

"Tanjiro... by any chance.. he he these kids brother?? And A-Akemi.. what do you mean.... why do you keep repeating those words..." Agatsuma asked

"I....Village... forest... before...guy.."

"Akemi!! Snap out of it please!" Tanjiro shouted as he started to shake me. Only then did I stop muttering those words and looked up at him. But I was still wearing that same shocked look.

"This.. is my home village... and this guy... his family ran the restaurant there.. I knew him.... Ryōta..." I said in a whisper. It was true. This village was area was familiar to me. It was the forest that I'd go pick berries and fruit from. I'd come out here with a few friends and my pet cat. Ryōta was one of these people... now he's dead. Tanjiro gave me a small hug and started talking to the kids again. After that.. he said we were heading into the mansion, but agatsuma delayed this venture by shaking his head vigorously and staying  in the same place frozen in fear, even when Tanjiro grabbed him and tried move him.

Before anyone could speak or Zenitsu could try escape, I walked up to the door and stood infront of it. Tanjiro then looked u when he heard me get into a position and lift my leg. He then let out a sound of surprise when I kicked the door down off his hinges, with a murderous glare in my eyes. I started to walk in as Tanjiro followed with a 'scary' look which scared the sandles off of Zenitsu as he clung to Tanjiro. I stood waiting at the door waiting for them, but Tanjiro left the box with Nezuko in it.

'That doesn't seem smart Tanj..'

As the 3 of us moved through, I had a bit more speed and strength in my step.. ignoring the 2 having their conversation about what may happen, but they suddenly looked up and the 2 kids had come in to the mansion. I ignored them and looked into a room to continue on, but I heard a drum go off, and when I looked around, I was in a better lit room, and the shoji door behind me lead to a completely different part of the mansion.

"Oh good, I'm alone in this mansion, what kind of blood demon art IS this??"

_________________________________________

Tanjiro's POV:

'The room changed... or did we move during the beat of that drum?'

The room we were in now was square with furniture on the edges of each room. There were also 2 entrances on each side of the room. The young girl was also with me and was crying into my uniform.

"Sorry you got separated from your brother, but I'm gonna protect you no matter what okay?" I said reassuring he young girl, wiping her eyes with my haori.

"Zenitsu is going to protect your brother, don't worry, what's your name?"

"T- Teruko..." She stuttered

"Teruko? Your parents have picked out a lovely n-"

Before I could continue calming Teruko down, I caught a scent of a powerful demon walking this way. As if on cue, a giant demon with red eyes and drums protruding from his body in different places, I covered Teruko's mouth so she wouldn't make any noise, and lure the demons attention to her.