chapter 2: treason in the corps

Akemi couldn't to anything yet as she saw a family of 3 looking extra worried and the daughter, looked traumatised beyond belief. She decided to help the family before killing the man.

"Are you 3 ok? None of you were hurt right? Is your daughter fine aswell?" Akemi asked the basic questions and tried help the young 5 year old and distract her gaze as best as she possibly could.

"Thank you for helping our daughter, it is most kind, do you know anything about the attack miss..."

"Akemi, and yes I do, I believe the man is a demon, please get to safety Mr..."

"My name is tsukihiko, his is my wife Yuki and our daughter Emiko, and i believe ive heard of demons before, most saddening" the well dressed man said. Akemi knew almost immediately his man wasn't who he said he was, maybe even a demon too? But she couldn't do anything about it.

"Thank you for your help Ms Akemi" and he walked off.

She turned her focus back to the man, and saw something much different. She saw the demon on the floor with a scarf in his mouth working as a gag. She also saw a young man onto ofhim trying ti hold him in place while fending off nearby policemen. The man had a checkered haori on top of him, crimson hair and eyes and the demon slayer corps uniform.  The man acted like he was trying to stop him from attacking rather than killing him.

'His sword is still sheathed too, why in the ubayasjiki name is he acting so stupid, is he a slayer at all or did he just steal the uniform..'

"Wait please! This man can still be saved, let me do this!"

"Shut up kid, he's just another drunk,"

Akemi sped through the policemen and stood infront of the weirdo boy.

"Move your body so I can remove this demon from the world boy" akemi stated.

"Your a slayer aswell.. you must trust me! The man can still be saved he hasn't eaten anyone yet!"

"Last I checked he's already bitten off a chunk of his wife's shoulder, so your just lying for the stranger." With that he shoved him far away from the man he sat atop of. The demon threw a slash at akemi but she dodged with ease and place her blade on his neck. The boy let out a plead and tried run to shove Akemi off, but she threw him a few meters away. And as she put her blade back on the demons neck, ready to push down, the 2 slayers and the injured woman were encircled in a flower patterned smoke, which also threw out the surrounding police officers going to arrest the 2 with swords

While the boy looked around in shock, Akemi immediately noticed 2 people walk through the smoke, an older woman, who looked around 30-40, and a man who looked in his 20's. Akemi didn't even have to stop and hesitate before figuring out.

They were demons.

"You, boy, you called the demon a person, even thouh this particular person is a demon, and now your trying to save him, so if you don't mind, I'd like to lend you a hand, and if I may ask young lady, please remove your blade from the demons neck" the strange woman replied

"But he's alrea-"

"Now"

Akemi reluctantly listened and sheathed her blade and listened to the conversation she wasn't a part of, but not without noticing the details of the two new demons.

The first one, the woman, had an indigo kimono on with a wide variety of different flowers patterned on her kimono. similar to the illusionary smoke she made. Her eyes were a lovely shade of purple that glistened brightly. She also had her hair in a neat low bun with 2 gold chopsticks holding her bun In place.

The next one was a plain boy with pale skin and a plain white yukata. He didn't have many stand-out features about him, which would NOT please a certain man she knew. The only thing that stood out with how majority of his hair was of a  light blue, and only the ends of his fringe were black.

'Wow, he has a nice hair colour, doubt I could pull that off though, my master wouldn't be able to hold in his laughing..'

"But why in the world would you- your scent tells me- I know what you are.." the young boy slayer replied.

'Wait- what?? He didn't know??? And what the hell is he on about with scents?'
Akemi looked beyond lost and gave the boy a look of pure confusion, which he didn't notice.

"You do, I'm a demon, but I am also a doctor. I want to help, and I want to destroy kibutsuji aswell" the demon lady replied.

These 2 have seen kibutsuji?! Was he here and I never even fucking noticed??

Wait...

Akemi thought back to tsukihiko, the father of the family she helped out, she knew he wasn't a human, and was probably a demon, and his eyes gave off an odd vibe..

There's no way... how did I not sense it...

What Akemi hasn't realised was that the demon lady and her apprentice had already left, and the young boy was standing above her. What she also didn't see was that the man she was on top of earlier was gone, leaving her kneeling on the floor. His wife was also not on the floor either. Did they take them with them??

"Uhm, miss? Are you ok??" The young boy asked.

"Oh yeah I'm OK, sorry I got lost in my thoughts, what do you need weird slayer man??" Akemi replied bluntly

"Ah- I'm not a weird slayer?! My name is tanjiro kamado, I'm a rank Mizunoto of the demon slayer corps!" Tanjiro replied.

"Oh, ok then. Well I'm Akemi Hinode of the demon slayer corps, and I'm a rank Kinoto, 2 ranks away from hashira. So that makes me superior. Nice to meet you kamado!" Akemi stated.

"Woah!! Your ranked Kinoto?! That's so cool! I'd be honoured to travel alongside you to meet with the demon doctor!" Tanjiro exclaimed.

"Meet up?"

"Oh yes, the Lady asked us to meet up with her back where her office is set up! But before we go, I need to go grab something before I head off, is that OK?"

"Yeah sure, I'll tag along I guess. I have no new missions as of yet right?" As akemi looked at her crow for confirmation

"NOPE, NO NEW MISSIONS FOR NOW!" her crow cawed next to, what I assume is tanjiros.

"Great let's go then!" Akemi cheered as tanjiro smiled back.

_________________________________________

The scene that befell Akemi was... weird. Tanjiro was currently being scolded by a bald Udon store owner, appearently Tanjiro was in the middle of eating some udon when he dropped it and ran to the scene we were just at. Not to mention he also left a young girl who only looked 15, she didn't may much mind to her as She was more focused on tanjiro getting absolutely destroyed by an Udon man...

"I'd like a bowl of Udon please, in fact make it TWO!" Tanjiro shouted while holding onto the Man's shoulder. He then proceeded to DEVOUR both udon bowls in under 20 seconds. Both akemi and the Udon men were left in shock. Tanjiro then got up and headed off near where akemi was standing.

"Akemi, I'd like to introduce you to Nezuko, she's my younger sister, and she's.... well.... a demon"
.
.
.
.
WHAT?!?!?!?!