finding the source

Start from the beginning

"Akari, we have to protect the people!" Tanjiro says.

"I know!" I say getting in a stance, preparing for the next move. As her belt began to move I put my hands out but before I could blink wind flies past me, with a lingering scent. Uzui Tengen.

"Hey! Isn't this Kamado Nezuko?" He asked. "I see she's becoming a flashy demon."

"Uzui..." Tanjiro grunted.

Uzui looks irritated...

"After all that grandstanding in front of the master, what's this sorry State? No one ever told her to become a flashy demon!"

"That's what you're worried about!?" I yelled at him.

"Why are you yelling? I am your Superior!"

"Superior my ass! You idiot!"

He gave me an offended look.

"You're Hashira, right?" The demon says as I turned my attention to her. "You came to me. You just made it easy for me."

"Shut up. I'm not talking to you." Uzui says. "Get lost. You're no upper rank demon. Since you're too weak. You're not the one I've been searching for."

"What kind of ridiculous drivel--" she says as a line of blood appears across her neck, she falls to her knees and head falls into her hands. "Huh?"

Damn...maybe he is really skilled, strong and handsome, the whole package. I didn't just say that...

"Hey!" He says getting our attention. "The battles not over yet. Get your sister under control."

"Go." I tell the civilians, two ran out while the other two stayed behind because the woman was shaking.

"Stupid brats who start acting cranky don't belong on the battlefield. Just be unflashy and sing her a lullaby or something."

She goes to grab Uzui and I grabbed her wrist. "Stop it, Nezuko!"

She growls as she kicks my stomach, I grunted as her and Tanjiro fly out the hole in the wall. I fell back on Uzui as I held my stomach, blood coming down my legs.

"Control it." He says, I closed my eyes and find the veins, closing them up individually. "There you go."

He helps me up as I take a few breaths, now the other demon, I can sense that it is very close but M.I.A.

"Hey, where do you think you're going?" The demon says. "I can't believe you had the gall to behead me! You're going to pay for this, you hear me?"

"Are you still whining and moaning? I have no use for you anymore. Just die an unflashy death."

She's taking an awfully long time to die.

"Don't give me that! In the first place, you said I wasn't an upper rank, didn't you?"

"Because you can't be an upper rank." He says bluntly.

"I'm upper six, I'll have you know!"

What is this banter...

"Then, why is your head in your hands? That is beyond weak! Did your brain matter explode or what?"

"I haven't lost yet, all right?"

"I literally just dog walked you." I tell her.

"I'm an upper rank!" She yells.

"But you've lost. It's totally obvious." He says.

"I'm really powerful, you know! Right now, I'm still number six,, but I'm going to get even stronger--"

"Not buying it."