awareness

"Found it?" Asked Tanjiro as he struggled with one, I gripped his uniform and put him down, cutting the strings.

"Yeah, that way! I'm picking up a powerful vibe from over there!" He pointed.

"Way to go, Inosuke!"

"Good job." I tell him too as he felt smitten again as a slayer nearly cuts into him.

"We gotta take car of these guys or we'll never go anywhere!"

"Damn! Isn't there any way at all? Do you have any blood demon art?"

"Not really." I say.

"Dammit! What a pain in the ass! I'm gonna demolish them all at once!"

"Don't! There has to be a another way." I looked to all the slayers. "We can't hurt them-"

I blinked as Murata stops at blade from cutting me. "Murata?"

"Leave these guys to me and go on ahead!

"What kind of talk is that Mr. Pissed-my-pants?" Grumbled Inosuke.

"I never pissed my pants, you stupid boar! I wasn't talking to you, so you can just shut up!" He says struggling against another one. "I know that wasn't my finest moment back there, but I'm a demon slayer, too! I'll find a way to hold them off! Now I know I just need to slash the threads and that these guys can only make the most elementary movements! And I'll watch out for the spiders...there has to be people under even more control closer to the demon. So the three of you, go!"

"We appreciate this! Thank you!" Tanjiro says as I take off running, he grabs Inosuke.

"Hey! Let go of me dammit! I wanna pound that guy's face first! Who is he calling a stupid boar?"

"Would you shut up? Just drop it and get out of here!" Murata yells in the distance.

"I'm so gonna punch you when I get back!" He says as he finally puts his feet into a sprint. "Dammit! I'm gonna punch that guy if it's the last thing I do!"

I shake my head.

"Don't talk like that." Tanjiro says.

"He called me a stupid boar, okay, Monjiro?"

"It's Tanjiro!"

"Are we heading the right way?" I break them up before they continued.

"My senses never lie! But..what the hell are these annoying threads?" He flails his arms around, smacking my head.

"Inosuke!" Tanjiro scolded him.

"Ow! That's how close we're getting to the demon!" I say as an arm comes across my chest stopping me, it was Tanjiro.

"Here's another bunch." He says as more slayers come from the dark, a few of them dead, she was holding onto a head...blood. I covered my nose again.

"Don't, don't come any closer." The girl says. "Please summon someone of higher rank! Otherwise, everyone will get killed! Please! Please!"

The seriousness started hitting me as a sweat drips off my forehead, she had to endure killing all of her comrades against her will.

Her sword lifted up. "Run!"

She swipes at Tanjiro but he dodged it.

"I'm being controlled, so my movements aren't my own at all! I was never this strong!" He threads bend her arms backwards and I heard a loud crack as she is forced to attack Tanjiro again. Then the bodies lifted up.

"P-please kill me!" One says. "My arms and legs...the bones are piercing my inner organs! Everytime I'm forced to move the pains intense! I can't take it anymore! Either way, I'll die. So please help me. Please deliver the finishing blow!"