howdy's sickness

Howdy became sick with a stuffy nose and a whooping cough.  He has been taken care of by you. You brought him some soup and hot tea.

You: here. Eat up.
Howdy: th-th-thank you.

Howdy slowly ate the soup as you soak the rag and place it on his forehead.

Howdy: awww thanks, y/n. *smiles softly*

Howdy then fell asleep. You quietly left howdy to rest and sleep. A few hours later, you went to check on howdy when you hear him crying. You think he's crying cuz the sickness is affecting him more or he's lonely without you.

You: I'm here, howdy! I got you medicine!

Before you give howdy a teaspoon of medicine,  howdy breaks down into a screaming sobbing mess. This made you flinch you almost dropped the medicine.

You: I'm right here, howdy!
Howdy: ahhhh! It hurts! *sobs*

As howdy cries, he held your hand and looks at you with tears in his eyes.

Howdy: P-please, I’m so scared right now.. please.. don’t leave me

Hearing howdy cry nearly made you cry. Howdy gasps in horror as nore tears come out of his eyes. He couldn't bear to see you cry.

Howdy: Don’t cry.. please.. you don’t need to cry.. I’m sorry.. I’m just a little.. I’ve never felt this much pain before.. I’ve never been this sick.

your tears keep flowing and he starts to cry even more just from seeing this. This breaks his heart to see you this upset because of him, and you just know that you have to help him out somehow.. his cries get louder and he’s trying to calm himself but just can’t. he starts to hyperventilate a little bit as it gets hard to breathe, and soon after he passes out from all the hyperventilating as his chest starts to feel so much pain from all this crying. It’s almost like he really pushed himself too much.

Howdy: S-sorry… for all this… this is all just.. too much pain to bear.. it’s so.. s-so hard to take this all in.

Then you gave howdy 2 boxes of tissues so he can blow his nose.

Howdy: T-thank you, y/n. I-I really need to stop all this crying but it’s really hard to control.. my chest just hurts so much.. it’s just such a sharp, dull pains.

Next day you woke up and made oatmeal for yourself and howdy. Howdy is still recovering he went downstairs to see you.

You: morning, howdy.
Howdy: good morning.
You: I made you oatmeal. Want some?
Howdy: Oh, thank you. I-I’m just dying of hunger right now. Just give me one second, I just have to get up… oh… o-oh, I’m still so sore

You and Howdy sat at the table and ate.

You: sleep well?
Howdy: Mhm, I definitely did. It’s nice to get all that rest when you’re feeling sick. How about you?
You: I slept like a rock.

After breakfast,  howdy went back to his room and starts sneezing rapidly.  He sneezes so much more tears comeout of his eyes. You ran to see howdy and tried your best to comfort him.

Howdy: *in between cries* B-But I just hate feeling like this! I don’t want to cry but I just feel like I have to whenever I’m this unwell! I can’t even control it.. I just feel so awful.

You hug howdy and rock him to sleep. Howdy fell asleep peacefully.

1 week later, you arrive at howdys store when you get tackled into a hug by howdy who's fully recovered!

You: whoa!
Howdy: I feel SO much better now, I just got so much rest last night! Thank you so much for taking such good care of me, I really mean it.
You: you're welcome, howdy pillar.