a crying caterpillar

As you pack your clothing and personal belongings in your suitcases, you feel a tap on your shoulder. You turn to see howdy with sad eyes.

Howdy: y/n... is it true you're going to college?
You: *never wanting howdy to see you crying* yes, howdy...

To your surprise, howdy started crying and hugging you tight.

Howdy: *voice cracks* please don't leave me! We've been good friends since we were kids! I had looked after you, supported you, never left your side! You always visit my store every day after school! I don't wanna be alone!
You: *hugs howdy back as tears stream down your eyes* howdy, I know you want me to stay, but I have to attend college to complete my degree. *let's go of howdy but howdy help you tigher*
Howdy: but... I wanna be with you every day! Every week!
You: I'll call or text you.

Howdy kept bawling as he held you tight.  Next day, you say good bye to the neighborhood.

You: I'll miss you all. Don't forget about me. Ok?

You went to your car and turned it on. The teary eyed howdy leans the driver's window to get a closer look at you. Then you tearfully drive out into the road to your college. As soon as you disappeared out to the road, howdy is the first to start crying. Then wally started to cry, then Julie, then Barnaby, then poppy, then Sally, then frank (who bawls onto Eddie's chest), and eddie. The entire neighborhood, especially howdy, will miss you, but you will call them about your college life soon.