5. love in a photograph.

˚ ༘ ೀ⋆。˚

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──

Six years ago, 19.04

Despite the fact that I was well-known, I had little to no friends at school. I talked more to the librarians and the lunch ladies than I did to any other student in school.

That was until someone came up to during lunch when I was reading about the concept of time in the library.

"Time and Theories by Adam B. Mark?" the stranger asked. When I looked up, I saw a familiar face. Mathematic-girl.

"Yes... it's a topic very interesting to me." I tried to take a look at the book she was holding.

"The History of America's Founding Fathers. Why that of all books?" I asked her.

She pulled out the chair across of me and sat. "Why not? It's interesting learning about overly credited men who had the power to do so much more than they actually did."

I frowned at how true she was.

"Darling, aren't you?" she asked without looking up from her book.

"What?"

"Your name," she explained. "It's Darling, right?"

That made me smile. "That's my middle name. My first is Victoria." I held out my hand. "Victoria Ortega."

She took my hand and shook it. "Esther Yang. Granddaughter to Tao Yang. Heiress to the Yang's Diamond."

My eyes widened at her introduction. The YD was one of the most popular jewel business in America, and Tao Yang was a fucking millionaire. With 6 zeros! When I looked at Esther earlier, all I saw was a girl who could do math. Now, I saw a future millionaire who had been shaking my hand. I stared at my palm and tried my best to fight the urge to hold her hand again.

"That must be... hard. Being an heiress, I mean."

"Nah. Being Asian is harder. "

I couldn't tell if she was joking because she showed no sign of humor. "Being colored sure is difficult. I've had many people tell me they would've never guess I was Black."

She laughed and I suddenly I wished that I was a comedic genius just so I could hear her laugh again. Something about it, the way she sighed when she ended her laughter, reminded me so much of my sister. The comforting voice that reminded me I was safe to be however and whoever I want to.

"Who are you, Victoria?" Esther stopped my train of thought. "You're interesting, and I'm almost certain I know you from somewhere. Though, that could've just been a social media model I saw."

I could feel my face heat up at what sounded like a compliment. "Daughter of 'the Ortega' from McNamara, Ortega and Jones. Also, Hawthorne-adjacent. Oh, and a very iconic archer." I smiled for a second at my sudden confidence.

"I have no idea what McNamara, Ortega and James-sorry, Jones- is. But I sure as hell know you as a Hawthorne adjacent. You're the one who has dance practice and tuition with, uh... Grayson? Right?"

"Yep."

"And your older sister is dating the oldest Hawthorne brother? Whatever his name was." Esther shrugged.

reversing the clocks ━ g.hawthorne [edited]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें