2. unwanted meetings.

˚ ༘ ೀ⋆。˚

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──

Two years ago, 12.07

"You like science, kiddo?" That southern accent made me know exactly who was speaking. I didn't bother to look up from my papers. Research was better than conversations.

"What do you need?" I kept on scribbling things on my notebook. At the top of the page sat a title, Time Travel.

I was a firm believer that time travel had to be possible. Well, I was a firm believer that anything related to science was possible. But this theory... I had never once given up on. I was good in a lot of things, mainly art, but my knowledge of science had no limits, and I never wanted it to. Instead of watching regular television when I was bored, I'd watch insane science theories. Then, I'd try to solve them. I've gotten close to solving many, but I've given up on most. Time travel, though, was not something I wanted to leave behind.

"I don't need anything. But I sure would like to talk to you." Nash pulled out a chair from across of me and spun it around, the back of the chair facing me. He sat on it and rested his arms on the top back of it.

"Concerning what?"

Nash grinned. But somewhere behind that wannabe teasing grin was worry. I could tell.

"Can't I just talk to you? C'mon, you're like a sister to me. Don't tell me you don't think the same."

"That you're like a sister to me?"

Nash gave me an offended laugh. "You know what I mean, genius."

"Genius?"

"Yeah, kiddo. You're a god damn genius. Don't pretend you don't know."

And it's true. I do know I'm a genius, but I didn't have it in me to flex it off.

Now

"Right, so, bookstore first? Please tell me it's bookstore first."

Alisa smiled. "You're smarter than that. Of course, it's bookstore first. You have to make an appearance. Something that screams 'I'm just like everyone else' but also silently whispers 'This is a special moment and I'm better than you'. Meaning you have to dress great but casual. Honestly, just be you. That's how the people know you anyway."

And by people, she meant the 'fans', the paparazzi, the stalkers. I wasn't a Hawthorne, which is why anything I do would never be forgiven even if I simply spilled a glass of water.

"How long after this appearance will I be meeting the famous Ms. Grambs?"

"Two days from now. Your outfit for that day has been picked."

"By you?"

Alisa smirked. "By me. Time has been set and she's already been informed about this meeting with you."

Curiosity crept through my veins. "How'd she react?"

"First of all, she didn't know I had a sister. I left it to the Hawthorne brothers to help her figure out why 'this Victoria girl' was so important." I frowned at that fact. I hated fame because of the hate I'd receive, but not being known at all was scarring.