Chapter 4: Since It's Daytime

"We'll be there soon, Madam."

Lisa, who was almost lying down in the carriage, opened her eyes.

"Uh, how long till we reach?"

"We should be there in about half an hour. I can see the mansion in the distance."

Lisa pulled back the curtain covering the window and stuck her head out. As the coachman said, she could see a big mansion in the distance.

'Jungkook is there.'

With that thought, her nauseous stomach suddenly felt better. It had been troubling her these past few days, but then again, she had been traveling nonstop.

'I asked you to do that.......'

Because she wanted to see Jungkook as soon as possible, she didn't care about her condition and thought about how long the ride was gonna be. The faithful coachman just sincerely followed Lisa's order. Thanks to this desire, she was constantly in a state of anticipation except for when she fell asleep.

At first, two of the duke's maids accompanied Lisa. However, after a day of traveling, both of them looked as if they were completely dead, so Lisa quickly said, "We won't need so many servants right away, so you two should take your time."

The maids would have normally said it was okay and that they would go with her, but they were so dead tired that they cried, saying they were really grateful with somewhat revived faces.

'Is it that hard?'

Of course, traveling in a carriage was difficult, but Lisa felt fine after sleeping, so she wondered why they were having such a hard time.

As the house became clearer, Lisa turned her head and examined the territory. Even though it was her first time here as a marchioness, she was very familiar with the place. During Jungkook's absence, Jungkook's father, Duke Hastings, invited Lisa to the dukedom often.

"This is the land which will be given to you in the future, so why don't you take a look at the territory in advance?"

Thus, Duke Hastings gave Lisa many resources about the marquis' land, so she was familiar with the place thanks to the documents despite having never been here herself until now.

It was one of the most fertile estates owned by the Duke of Hastings.

'That's not all....'

As soon as she entered the marquis's territory, Lisa felt a change in the atmosphere that was different from the other lands she had passed by. Even the old houses had neatly trimmed fences and walls with blooming flowers in the yard.

Field workers took off their hats, smiled, and bent down toward the marquis's carriage, and the children, who were playing near to their parents, innocently waved.

A stable and prosperous land could be seen at a glance.

'I heard there's a monster coming.'

She thought everyone would be scared, but contrary to her concerns, everyone was outside doing their jobs with bright, fearless faces like things were normal.

'Jungkook must have handled it well.'

She was proud and worried at the same time. Even if Jungkook's skills are great, it would not be easy to deal with all those monsters. She wondered if he got hurt in the meantime. Lisa became more nervous as the mansion drew nearer.

Lisa quickly prepared to get out as the carriage passed through the entrance of the castle. She quickly arranged her hair and put on a new hat. Lisa noticed the book laying on the seat and quickly put it in her bag. She couldn't let people know about this.